Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fatal Frame

Franchise »

A series of survival horror titles in which the protagonists must defend themselves from deadly ghosts, using a special camera designed to seal spirits away.

Which game in the series is the best for scares?

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

I recently purchased both Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly and was wondering which game out of all the series held the best scares. I've been unable to get Fatal Frame working with backwards compatibility on my Xbox 360 and so am left wondering if the original is scarier than it's sequels. Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly does seem to have a few good scares in it, and I'm enjoying the game very much so.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Junpei

I have all the games and yes I realize this is an older post and timeliness not withstanding have felt the need to respond due to my love for Fatal Frame. I think 2 was the scariest for me personally, but I've come to the conclusion that the first one you play will be it for you. I started 2 way back when it released for the PS2 and didn't get too far and put it down. When 3 came out I played it all the way through with little problem then went back to 2 and finished it. I've played the rest (still working on playing 4 with the english patch) and the first time I started up 2 is still the scariest I recall. You go a bit numb to their tricks after a while so some of the changes in 4 are kinda welcome imo.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

Definitely Fatal Frame II. The first and third games are creepy for sure, but the second scared me to the point where I never even finished it. I think I got pretty close to the end, though... if you're only at the beginning of the game, brace yourself. It gets much, much scarier later on.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Junpei

It's definitely worth finishing if you still have it, FF2 had the best story out of them all

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.