Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 26, 2004

Far Cry is a first-person shooter PC game developed by Crytek Germany. Meet Jack Carver, who is having a rough day - they blew up his boat, they chased him into the jungle, and now they're shooting at him. Too bad they don't know Jack.

Best in serries

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By super_machine

After playing FC2, and and both xbox versions of Far Cry (and wii, shamfully), I will say none of them stack up to the original PC experience. I would still play this game over FC2 if I had a gaming rig anymore. Loved this game.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Series, not serries!

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By super_machine
    Snail said:
    "Series, not serries!"
    OMG, the spelling Nazi is out today. Give it a break dude.

BTW, way to contribute to the post!
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By super_machine
    Snail said:
    "I am posting this after the first one (saying the same as this one) got deleted. I will not edit this one as proof that one of my posts was deleted and I did not edit this text in.
    I was joking.. and what the hell could I post? You liked the game better than FarCry 2, yay for you whiny bitch. I would post something were this a blog post, this has no relevance as a thread.
    "
    So, you like to post in irrelevant threads? That is two things I know about you.

I started this thread in the Far Cry wiki for people who visit that page and want to talk about the game have an open door. Its not my fault that GB posts all recent topics out in the open. Stop being a pretentious dick! Just because you like Yahtzee doesnt mean you have to act like him. Unless you are him, then never mind.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

I hated Far Cry, but I enjoy Far Cry 2. Thank god those shitty mutants and island are gone.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

I have to agree

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By super_machine
    Snail said:
    "super_machine said:
    "Snail said:
    "I am posting this after the first one (saying the same as this one) got deleted. I will not edit this one as proof that one of my posts was deleted and I did not edit this text in.
    I was joking.. and what the hell could I post? You liked the game better than FarCry 2, yay for you whiny bitch. I would post something were this a blog post, this has no relevance as a thread.
    "
    So, you like to post in irrelevant threads. That is two things I know about you."
    WRONG! I like to point out irrelevant threads, thank you very much!"
    This thread relevant to the Far Cry game page, where it was posted. If you dont understand how this site works, maybe you should go somewhere else.

Yes, the mutants were an odd choice of enemies, especially when taking on the merc armies was fun enough. Also the level design was amazing.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz

Snail stop trolling and leave this topic alone.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By super_machine

Each game page has its own forum section, which is where I posted. Where is a mod? Snail jacked a perfectly acceptable thread.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By super_machine

Whats wrong with you? Go to any game page, and look at how there is a forum specific to each one. So, if some one wants to talk about a specific game, there is a way to open up a discussion. Thats why they exist.

Thread ruined, thanks Snail!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jayge_

I like Far Cry 2 best. Far Cry was alright, but it had a plain-out shitty story and the mutants/predator powers were overrated.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By super_machine
    Jayge said:
    "I like Far Cry 2 best. Far Cry was alright, but it had a plain-out shitty story and the mutants/predator powers were overrated."
    Far Cry PC right? I wish the console version of Far Cry one never existed, although the level editor was nice, since unlike FC2 it had local split screen mp. I felt like I could sneak around a lot better in FC1 than I can in FC2. Like coming up to a merc camp, I could swing around the side, and toss some stones to lure a guard into the jungle, then get the silent machette kill. In FC2, it seems like no matter how quiet I try to be, it always draws the other guards attention.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By pause422

I thought the first FC was extremely mediocre, FC2 was way better imo.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Jayge_
    super_machine said:
    "Jayge said:
    "I like Far Cry 2 best. Far Cry was alright, but it had a plain-out shitty story and the mutants/predator powers were overrated."
    Far Cry PC right? I wish the console version of Far Cry one never existed, although the level editor was nice, since unlike FC2 it had local split screen mp. I felt like I could sneak around a lot better in FC1 than I can in FC2. Like coming up to a merc camp, I could swing around the side, and toss some stones to lure a guard into the jungle, then get the silent machette kill. In FC2, it seems like no matter how quiet I try to be, it always draws the other guards attention."
    Yeah, Far Cry PC. I never played much console until I got my 360.

The guards almost always know when their friend goes down, but I find it's much easier just to throw a molotov to distract some, and headshot the others before they can relay where any attacker might be. That's my variation of stealth in the game. Unconventional, but it works.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Snail
    super_machine said:
    "Whats wrong with you? Go to any game page, and look at how there is a forum specific to each one. So, if some one wants to talk about a specific game, there is a way to open up a discussion. Thats why they exist.

Thread ruined, thanks Snail!"
    Anytime, bro. Anytime...
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By super_machine

Snail, you are a punk.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By NTM

Uh, ya know? Far Cry on the PC is a great game, but to me it's only great when it comes to the feel of shooting guys, and the fact it originated Far Cry. To me personally though, I like Instincts a lot more. Jack Carver was a cooler character, the voice acting was much better, Jacutan was a better island, and just about everything else was better. The only thing I like a bit better in the PC version is the feel of killing guys. I don't know if you've played Far Cry on PC recently, but if you do, and you think it's as great as it was, you've got a serious problem. I think Instincts holds up very well, other than the crappy sensitivity. Anyways, Far Cry 3, yay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.