Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

A unique achievement in game design

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeoffPeterson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A game set in the African wilderness where you play as a ruthless mercenary is actually tedious

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Was this really worth a forum post?

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By impartialgecko

I can't work out whether this is supposed to be sarcastic or not.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What's more interesting is how Clint Hocking has done bugger all since Far Cry 2.

He hasn't released anything for a long time sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's done nothing. Maybe he'll release something now that he's joined that Amazon game studio.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

This game was only a few poor design decisions and bugs from being amazing.

So not only are you wrong, your one sentence troll is about as pitiful and uninspired as a troll could ever be. You fail.

Lock this shit.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@rowr said:

This game was only a few poor design decisions and bugs from being amazing.

Omg I'm sorry, but this is the most hilariously ambiguous line. You could say that about any game! Ride to hell was just a few design decisions away from being good. :(

And some of those few poor design decisions were integral to the entire level design and gameplay loop! They were not minor, or easily fixed. Trust me, I really wanted to like that game. And I did play it for a lot longer than it deserved and had some fun with the shooting. But dang that game has issues.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

The game design of Far Cry 2 is certainly a valid topic for discussion, but that OP isn't going to cut it. One random thought is generally not worthy of a thread, so please exercise some restraint.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.