Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Elite Beat Agents

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 06, 2006

Elite Beat Agents is a rhythm game for the Nintendo DS developed by iNiS Corp. and published by Nintendo. It is a spiritual sequel to the Japanese only Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, and uses many of the same touch screen based gameplay mechanics.

The Christmas Stage

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kush

I am just curious if other people thought this stage was completely out of character for the game. I thought the tone was weird and the storyline for that stage was too serious. Every other stage has a great sense of humor, but they added this one "real" stage that just made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I am just wondering what other people think...

tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tancred8120

Yeah, it was weird, why was it so serious? It's so damn slow as well, so your meter thingy goes down a lot because you aren't hitting the notes all the time.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Riddler

why so serious?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kush

Playing that level made me feel all dirty. Before that level everything had been so ridiculous and over the top and that level just made me depressed. I was worried that there were going to be more levels like that, but luckily I was wrong.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By dsplayer1010

It seemed really out of place. I wonder why they made the shift from insane stories, to this serious one, then back to insane.

CelticKrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CelticKrush

Ya it's out of place. My sister played it and told me she was about to cry when it ended. Did the developer ever say why they put that song in there?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kush
    CelticKrush said:
    "Ya it's out of place. My sister played it and told me she was about to cry when it ended. Did the developer ever say why they put that song in there?
    "
    I haven't read anything but I would love to know...why a put a stage in the game that makes me like I just told a bunch of kids that there is no Santa...not cool!
    Bolt3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bolt3

Yeah this level is really sad.. it's easily one of the more memorable though!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kush
    Bolt3 said:
    "Yeah this level is really sad.. it's easily one of the more memorable though!
    "
    It is one of the more memorable songs...but I'm not saying that in a good way :P
    JerseyDriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By JerseyDriver

There was a similarly "serious", slower song in Ouendan.  The level where the guy came back from the dead to say goodbye one last time to his wife / girlfriend.  Very touching and such and such.  Not saying that it wasn't out of place, but, perhaps iNIS feels the need to have at least one "serious", slow, moving song / story.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Lies

That stage was so fucking tragic. Seriously, I almost shed a tear on that song. I thought it was really well done, and broke up the silliness perfectly.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Djratchet

Yes a very sad song...

until you see the screw up scenes to it xD

then it's really funny

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Lies said:
    "That stage was so fucking tragic. Seriously, I almost shed a tear on that song. I thought it was really well done, and broke up the silliness perfectly."
    This. Genuinely heartbreaking from the place where I least expected heartbreak.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Endogene

for those who are wondering what we are talking about, here is a video of it.
    Its is about a girls dad who died, how she and her mother miss him at Christmas.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kush
    Endogene said:
    "for those who are wondering what we are talking about, here is a video of it.
    Its is about a girls dad who died, how she and her mother miss him at Christmas. "  
    You really just want to depress everyone don't you! :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.