Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EarthBound

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 27, 1994

A 1994 role-playing game starring a young boy named Ness on his quest to save the world. The game and its quirky humor have garnered a dedicated cult following among RPG fans.

Geting to be a bit of a slog towards the end

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So I'm at the Lost Underworld, so ... 3/4 through?

I don't know. What I really love is the tone, the world, the quirkiness. But there is no arc to speak of, there are no twists to the narrative. It's all just a straight shot towards stomping Porky into the ground, and I guess even that won't feel satisfactory, since I guess he's been brainwashed.

A couple more sessions and I'll have it in the bag, but at this point it's starting to feel a bit pointless other than wanting to see the end. Which is disappointing, because Mother 3 had me at the edge of my seat for the entire game.

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Ok, I admit that final boss fight was a lot better, more unsettling than I thought it would be. Though to have a "trick" fight like that, that you might have to try 2-3 times before you get it, so far after the last checkpoint, is unforgivable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.