Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EarthBound

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 27, 1994

A 1994 role-playing game starring a young boy named Ness on his quest to save the world. The game and its quirky humor have garnered a dedicated cult following among RPG fans.

Blogging Earthbound: A Recaptured Memory #4

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Genjai

No Caption Provided

So, I brought Jeff from Dr. Andonut’s Lab back to Threed, and, in perfect style, his Bad Key Machine was exactly what was needed to get Ness and Paula out of the Cemetery. Some grinding got him leveled up to everyone else, and buying some goodies from the man behind the drugstore got him nicely ready for some tough battles to come. Powerful zombies here I come. Fully stocked, I headed towards the demon tent at the bottom of Threed, and the epic battle began! …And I used Jeff’s Big Bottle Rocket and one-shotted the boss. One. Shot. The Boss. In a way, I was a little disappointed that this battle that I’d remembered as being so difficult was so easily won. But now that I’ve thought about it, it’s kinda awesome that a few hours into a game you can one-shot a boss. Of course, I can’t do that any more until I can find some more of those bad boys, but the fact that I did it is still awesome. From there, I zombie-papered the municipal tent with a little help from the Apple Kid and the Mach Pizza delivery man, loaded up on regular Bottle Rockets and headed toward the creepy underground lair where the zombie problem came from.

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Genjai

No Caption Provided

So, I brought Jeff from Dr. Andonut’s Lab back to Threed, and, in perfect style, his Bad Key Machine was exactly what was needed to get Ness and Paula out of the Cemetery. Some grinding got him leveled up to everyone else, and buying some goodies from the man behind the drugstore got him nicely ready for some tough battles to come. Powerful zombies here I come. Fully stocked, I headed towards the demon tent at the bottom of Threed, and the epic battle began! …And I used Jeff’s Big Bottle Rocket and one-shotted the boss. One. Shot. The Boss. In a way, I was a little disappointed that this battle that I’d remembered as being so difficult was so easily won. But now that I’ve thought about it, it’s kinda awesome that a few hours into a game you can one-shot a boss. Of course, I can’t do that any more until I can find some more of those bad boys, but the fact that I did it is still awesome. From there, I zombie-papered the municipal tent with a little help from the Apple Kid and the Mach Pizza delivery man, loaded up on regular Bottle Rockets and headed toward the creepy underground lair where the zombie problem came from.

xpogox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xpogox

@Genjai  Thanks for writing this up....it's been such a long time since I've played through this game. Seems like an important part of my childhood....hah as ridiculous  as that may sound.

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Genjai
    @xpogox:  No prob! It truly is my pleasure. 

I'm not quite sure what it is about this game that was so appealing to me as a boy and now as a much older boy... It's something I hope to discover over the course of this blog. Thanks for noticing!
    sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sparklykiss

Big Bottle Rockets are go! 

And it was the big pile of ick that was hard for me! That tent, not so much. Gooo, Paula's Prayer for making me insanely lucky during that one.

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Genjai
    @Sparklykiss: I haven't had a whole lot of luck with Paula's Prayer so far. I guess I need to keep giving it a fair shake though.
    sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sparklykiss
    @Genjai: If I knew I could win the fight with out her having to do much, I prayed with Paula every time. Just for the different options. I started getting really lucky and having her send holy magical light of awesome heal us. It was the best. :D 

But she can also give you all colds, too. :<

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.