Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

E3: Where the hell was Rockstar Games?

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By face15

Not sure how well this will work but I decided to start a blog and then I decided to try and make it look real purdy. This is largely a way for me to practice my writing and graphic-ing, so any critisms or suggestions are welcome. 
    I also made up a similar thing for the Sony press conference that I might post if there is any interest in this at all. 

No Caption Provided
    Also, not really sure if it is appropriate to post this type of blog thing to the forums, but surely that's why the feature is there.
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By face15

Not sure how well this will work but I decided to start a blog and then I decided to try and make it look real purdy. This is largely a way for me to practice my writing and graphic-ing, so any critisms or suggestions are welcome. 
    I also made up a similar thing for the Sony press conference that I might post if there is any interest in this at all. 

No Caption Provided
    Also, not really sure if it is appropriate to post this type of blog thing to the forums, but surely that's why the feature is there.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By niamahai

Rockstar probably will have their own event ala Capcoms - Captivate.

why they shun E3? 

Because in their own press event they can go ALLL EYYEES ARREE ONNN MEEEEEEEE  YAAAAYYYY

*same goes for why Blizzard doesn't go to E3.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike
    @face15: At least attach it to the appropriate forum. See here.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

They said they wouldn't be there. This isn't anything new. I still love how they didn't show up the year they revealed GTA: San Andreas. Instead of attending the show, they posted the first 3 in-game screenshots of the game, and while it wasn't even revealed at E3, it instantly became the biggest news of that E3. God Rockstar is awesome.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

They were rolling and having a good time in the pile of money they gained from Red Dead Redemption.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By face15
    @MB: I did do that. I'm not really sure why it went into Off-Topic; I probably clicked off Rockstar Games at the last second or something.
    mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mosespippy

The only time I ever remember them showing something at E3 was when Bully and The Warriors were coming out. And even then they had a new GTA game that they weren't showing there. People want info on those games, so they will seek it out as much as possible. It's a pull marketing strategy. With Bully and The Warriors people weren't looking for info, so they had to show them off so people would listen. It was a push marketing strategy. Currently all of R*'s games are under a pull strategy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.