Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dynamite Cop!

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 31, 1999

A 1-2 player co-op game that let's you fight and shoot your way to save the president's daughter from a band of modern pirates.

Any Dynamite Cop fans?

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emilio

I've just started playing this again on my Dreamcast. Never actually owned it back when, but I did play it at the arcades. 

Now I kinda wish I could play Die Hard Arcade, which I've never played. Now I kinda wish I had a Sega Saturn... 

Anyhoo, favorite character to play as? Mine's Eddie. 

No Caption Provided
    bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bravetoaster

Eddie Brown, played by Kanye West  

Avatar image for oppressivestink
    OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OppressiveStink
    @Emilio:  Hell yes, I played the shit out of Die Hard Arcade and Dynamite Cop.  Just me and my buddy beating the hell out of some horribly modeled badguys.  I loved pulling out the wrasslin moves!
    Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Echo

WHERE'S THE PRESIDENT'S DAUGHTER?

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By benpack

No, but I am now.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By agentboolen

Best 3d beat'em up ever!!!  I wish Sega would have made another one of these on this Gen's systems.  I have said it many times before it just seems Sega doens't care about any of its games other then Sonic.  But yea I enjoyed both Dynamite Cop and Die Hard Arcade, do some research there is ways of playing Die Hard Arcade but I don't think we can discuss that on these boards.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @GlenTennis said:
    " No, but I am now. "
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Emilio
    @Echo:  
    In a suitcase! 

@agentboolen:  
    Oh, man, you don't know how much I wish this, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, and House of the Dead would make a comeback. (And I mean a Japanese made House of the Dead. Overkill was just dumb.)
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By agentboolen
    @Emilio:  Yep I agree with everything you said.  The Dreamcast era was a much better Sega then we have now.  I just bought Crazy Taxi last week on the Xbox 360 just to hope Sega notices there is a interest in that series (I grabbed all 200 achievements pretty quick, even beat Crazy Box).  I already have it on the Dreamcast and didn't need to buy it but I figure the game is such a classic and Sega really needs a hint by now.  For JGR and Shenmue I have both of them still on my Dreamcast library, another one I use to like playing was 18 Wheeler, it wasn't as good as Crazy Taxi but I found it kind of fun...  JGR should get another shot, it would be really cool with new futuristic graphics in HD. I remember going back and forth with JGR and Crazy Taxi, when i got tired of playing one I would put the other in.  For the House of the Dead series I pick those up on the Wii, there a lot of fun I use to play them in the arcade but never had them in my home.  

I think they should bring Daytona USA to XBLA I think it would make a fun online XBLA game, they probably would make more money porting old games to XBLA then making another crappy Sonic game.

I miss the old Sega, they were such a great arcade style game company.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Emilio
    @agentboolen:  
    Sega's dead, baby. Sega's, dead. 

I mean, yeah, they could continue to churn out modified ports (Crazy Taxi) cheap emulator compilations (Sonic's Genesis/Megadrive Collection) or hey, they could just maybe start working on new software like they said they would.
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By agentboolen
    @Emilio: 
    Ehh I prefer to think of them as a poorly managed company.  I thought the recent Sega Rally game was actually pretty good, but the damn AI was just mean as hell (you really had to remember every turn, if not one mistake and your done for it!).  In my opinion they still can release great games, they just need to stop rushing them out.  And Sonic needs to be retired for a while. 

For me I want a new Crazy Taxi, I know its a risk that they'll fuck it up but I'm hoping they can pull it off....  All I'm really asking for is the same gameplay with updated graphics and a multiplayer mode were you would race other players in who can get the most customers to there destinations, score the most points, stuff like that.  Seems easy enough to pull off.  Crazy Taxi isn't the most complicated game out there, just simple old school who can score the most points fun.
    MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By MistaSparkle

Bruno all the way, son! This game is literally one of the most amazing, stupid, bat-shit CRAazyY games ever made. How can you not smile while bashing fat hermaphrodites' faces in with a table!?
    Doubleyah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Doubleyah
    @agentboolen: Your post almost makes me feel bad about gutting the Dynamite Cop arcade cabinet that is in my basement. ;)
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By agentboolen
    @Doubleyah: You actually owned a Dynamite Cop arcade cabinet?!?!  For me its very odd to own the actual arcade machines, so I really don't know if your being serious or not.   

But yea if you did have one and needed to get rid of it you probably should have tried to sell it, instead of wreck it.
    Doubleyah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Doubleyah
    @agentboolen:   Yes, I do indeed have the cab, I bought it a few years ago specifically to modify it.  Mind you, since I haven`t got around to work on it both myself and my kids have had many hours of enjoyment from it in the meantime - even the contractors who are finishing my basement spend a few mins at the end of the day button mashing...   But, at the end of the day, I bought it with a project in mind and even after I tear it apart the I.C., marquee and control overlays will remain intact in the event someone-somewhere is ever inclined to resurrect a D.C. cab  ;)
    bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#16  Edited By bobafettjm

So I just got done beating this game a few minutes ago. This was one weird trip of a game, but it was indeed pretty fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.