Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem 3D

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Jan 29, 1996

Kill countless aliens while rescuing babes as Duke Nukem in this critically acclaimed first-person shooter.

Time rewind AND co-op in the XBLA version? How?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

With both co-op in the game and the ability to rewind time after you're dead, I have to wonder how that's going to work. It'll look pretty funny if each co-op player is able to rewind time while the rest of the players continue on with the level, so you'd see your buddy walking backwards as rockets flew out of dead enemies--bringing them back to life--and returned to his rocket launcher.

That would be crazy, so I'm guessing they're just going to cut the time feature when playing co-op.  Strangely enough, that might make going through the game in co-op mode even harder than single player.  I'd also like to know if you can rewind time at any point, or only after you're dead.  Everything I've read so far has been pretty vague about the subject. 

Whatever the case, tomorrow gaming sites will be allowed to start previewing Duke XBLA, so hopefully we'll know soon enough.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vaxadrin

I want to know how they're going to do the widescreen rendering so it doesn't stretch the sides & give you motion sickness like Marathon did.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    Vaxadrin said:
    "I want to know how they're going to do the widescreen rendering so it doesn't stretch the sides & give you motion sickness like Marathon did."
    Marathon gave some people motion sickness, but the main reason for that was a "head bob" feature that could be turned off.  It had nothing to do with showing the game in widescreen.  Speaking of which, I read the exclusive preview and from the screen shots, it looks like this game will be full screen (like doom), instead of widescreen (like marathon).  I'm not happy about that, but if the rest of the game is well done, then I'll have to overlook it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.