Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem 3D

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Jan 29, 1996

Kill countless aliens while rescuing babes as Duke Nukem in this critically acclaimed first-person shooter.

The Duke Nukem Forever 2013 Mod was aswome! Here's my thoughts.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By falserelic

For those that don't know about this mod. Basically two guys recreated there own DNF using the Duke3d engine. It's based off of the 2001 DNF trailer. Here's some footage of what the game looks like in action if your curious.

Now I've played the game awhile ago and I really enjoyed it. The level design is way better then in the original DNF. They added some new enemy types and 2 weapons from the 2001 trailer, and you can ride the motorcycle. The pace of the game is good and overall its a great mod. For most part it felt like what the 2011 DNF could have been.

It got me thinking if 3drealms only followed there original plan for DNF. The game probably would have been alot better then what it is now. The company had alot of cool concepts and ideas for DNF, but the creators just had to keep switching build engines. Its sad to see all those cool ideas go to waste. Gearbox is the only hope for Duke Nukem to shine again, but from hearing that gearbox is being sued by 3drealms for unpaid royalties.

I don't know when we'll ever see a new Duke game again. I also find it bizarre that 3drealms is suing gearbox in general. Considering that gearbox took a risk when they bought the Duke Nukem ip. Anyway to people who also played the mod whats your thoughts?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.