Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamfall Chapters

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 21, 2014

The episodic sequel to Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

Who played all of this?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am not one of them, so please don't spoil anything; I'm just wondering what you all thought. Were you a fan of the previous two games, and how did this stacked up if so? I have been waiting for the console versions, or heck, just news about it... I beat the first two at the beginning of last year, and since then, I have wanted to play Chapters, but I'm afraid it'd just be a waste of money since I doubt my PC could run it. I hope they're still planning on putting it out on consoles.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Teoball

I'm a huge fan of the whole series and I enjoyed Chapters. Some of the puzzles feel a bit clunky and there's a bit too much running around in a couple of big areas trying to find out what to do. If you liked the way the second game worked this is similar (only without any terrible fighting scenes). I really liked the way the story wrapped up too.

They're still working on the PS4 version.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teoball: I assumed they were making it still, but I haven't seen any updates. I liked their Facebook page, and three times have asked about the console version since I finished Dreamfall. It seems they update the Twitter more, which I don't use. Oh well, thanks. That's great to see. Yeah, I love Dreamfall. I like The Longest Journey a lot too, but gameplay wise it's harder to get into to me just in terms of puzzle stuff, and made me resort to a walkthrough way more than I wanted to.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@ntm: Just buy the Steam version and if it doesn't run well, get a refund.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I played all except the last chapter because it only recently came out and I honestly did not like the game so I don't feel the need to finish. I made choices trying really hard to make the game interesting by trying to get people I really could not stand to go away and that worked, they went away forever, but it doesn't make the story more interesting for me unfortunately. I found the whole game and story tedious and boring. The writing is no longer as interesting to me as it used to be (I played all the TLJ games again before playing Chapters- TLJ is still my favorite and Dreamfall is worse than I remember it). I don't know why, but I don't think I'll ever be able to play a TLJ game again. My brain seems to have moved past it. It could also just be it wasn't that good, but again I didn't originally like Dreamfall that much and I liked it way less now. I liked Chapters significantly less than Dreamfall.

That's just my experience with it. Milage will vary.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Dreamfall The Longest Journey is probably my favorite adventure game. I absolutely loved it. But I've barely played Chapters after I got it in the summer sale. I'll give it another go one of these days.

I've played the original Longest Journey, I have the Swedish version with Regina Lund as April Ryan on CD, but I never finished it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.