Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest

Franchise »

The Dragon Quest franchise is best described as Japan's most popular RPG franchise, responsible for launching the console RPG industry. It remains immensely popular in Japan. On May 25, 2011, Dragon Quest celebrated its 25th Anniversary.

Dragon Quest Suggestions

Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

So im a pretty big fan when a RPGs that let me make every single party member in my party. I played Dragon Quest IX for the DS and liked it but put it down for another game that came out. in that I could do exactly what I liked and make every single character for my party and I was just curious if other Dragon Quest games had this feature? if not I would love to hear some suggestions for other RPGs that have a feature like this. otherwise ill most likely just pick up a new copy of IX

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

You can do this in Pillars of Eternity. There are party members you get in the early part of the game, but not too far in you can recruit (create) a full custom party if you want to.

D0rf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

3 is the only other one like that but it's one of the best. play the fan translation of the super nintendo or the gameboy color versions.

Rastopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rastopher

There's also a mobile version of Dragon Quest 3 if that's more to your liking.

There's a whole bunch of RPGs out there that let you create your party. Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (but you have to set it up as a "multiplayer" game. You don't actually have to play with anyone.) Temple of Elemental Evil, TONS of first-person dungeon crawlers like Etrian Odyssey, Wizardry, Demon Gaze, Class of Heroes, etc. Final Fantasy 1 lets you create your party and FF 3 and 5 have class changing systems that basically are like creating a party minus the actual characters and their personalities.

I'm sure there's plenty of others I'm not thinking of at the moment, but you've definitely got options!

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try out Etrian Odyssey .

Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asilentprotagonist: I believe Etrian Odyssey just lets you select from some portraits correct? i want a full character creator.

Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Yes! i loved this in pillars. but I felt like I was missing out on alot of the game playing with a full party of custom characters. because the ones they made clearly add alot to the story with their dialog. :[

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.