Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

I wanna replay this for the DLC - which platform should I play it on?

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Hey, duders!

I was hoping for some advice. I finished Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS4 back when it came out and loved it to absolute bits. At the time I hadn't a really powerful PC like I do now. I also have an Xbox One.

I want to replay this game again in order to play the DLC that was released for it. I've heard some good things about the DLC and want to see what it's like for myself.

So I ask you, the wonderful people of the Giant Bomb community, what platform should I spend my second playthrough on?

Options:

• Xbox One: The GOTY edition is currently £10 for Gold Members
    • PC: Currently £10 for the base game via GreenMan Gaming
    bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Uhh up to you? I would say PC because it will look the best but if you prefer playing games in front of a TV (or are very price sensitive) go with the Xbox One? They both have their benefits...

But here I would say PC. You've already played it on a TV with console graphics. Why not try it on the PC in a different set up with different controls and better graphics? Plus it's a very long game so even paying a bit more you'll still get plenty of bang for your buck.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsideondarman: I would say PC hooked up to your TV. But that is just me.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd say PC. You now have a powerful PC - you can see if it looks better than the console version -and- benefit from faster loads. Just get a long HDMI cable. There's a handful of mods out there for Inquisition as well. Mostly texture/armor things. Cheat things. I don't think I'd want to re-grind those reagents for making items.

Not sure if it's still out there, but last week, there was a 50% off coupon for use on Origin.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started on PC but burned out around Skyhold. I ended up getting the GOTY edition on Xbox a few months ago and am just now getting through Tresspasser.

The game runs fine and still looks good on the Xbox. I'd say there's more of a reason to get it on Xbox because achievements are always fun. Since it's your second playthrough, check the achievements first since there are some trials you need to turn on pretty much at the start to get them all.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@hunkulese: yeah the achievements are drawing me more to the Xbox One version. Plus that the GOTY version is so cheap.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By dagas

The XBOX One version is the worst in terms of graphics and PC the best if you have a good PC. Of course you would have to play to the end to play the DLCs since they require a high level but I guess that is your intention anyway. I'm glad you liked the game. I really want to but in the end I just didn't enjoy it as much as Origins or even DA2. It felt too much like they tried to do an Elder Scrolls game instead of a Bioware game.

All versions have achievements not just on XBOX. there are trophies on PS4 and Origin achievements on PC so I would not consider that to matter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.