Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom 3

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 03, 2004

Doom 3, a more story-focused remake of the original Doom, is a sci-fi first-person-shooter that was widely considered the most graphically advanced game available for its time.

Doom 3 has been modded to work on the HTC Vive (SteamVR)

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WynnDuffy

This has been blowing up lately. What do you think? I'm so glad people are starting to get rid of teleport movement, using the trackpads to move is so much better and lets us play "real" games! Amazes me to see people modding games like Doom 3 and Minecraft to work not only with the headsets but also with motion controls and room scale.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks real cool, but i think this would only be for people with extremely strong stomachs. I got weezy just watching this lol.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks real cool, but i think this would only be for people with extremely strong stomachs. I got weezy just watching this lol.

It does feel a bit trippy at first if you haven't used this kind of movement, but you get used to it pretty quickly. You can see Drew go through the same thing when he played Onward during Extra Life.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A shame it's Doom 3 but still cool.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I haven't played Doom 3 in a good long time, but that movement looks hell of fast for what that game is.

But also: cool as hell! I remember reading on Reddit that one of the mods works with a controller, so I might buy BFG for cheap on sale and just play with a controller. I've been dying for a good, tense horror game and nothing's grabbed me yet.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm still waiting for the VR version of DOOM (2016)

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is in fact pretty damn rad. Thanks for posting.

Would love to see a more modern role playing game like Skyrim with hacked in voice controls and support for VR also. And of course DOOM. Both would require a beast of a PC though but its still totally worth to watch rather than play.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool!

Does he ever attempt to melee anything? I'd like to know if you just press a button or if you actually swing your flashlight to hit things.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WynnDuffy

@andrack said:

Very cool!

Does he ever attempt to melee anything? I'd like to know if you just press a button or if you actually swing your flashlight to hit things.

You can punch with the motion controllers, kinda like boxing

I can't remember if fist combat was actually in Doom 3 or modded in, he does it earlier in the video when explaining the controls

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

@wynnduffy said:
    @andrack said:

Very cool!

You can punch with the motion controllers, kinda like boxing

I can't remember if fist combat was actually in Doom 3 or modded in, he does it earlier in the video when explaining the controls

You couldn't do a melee attack with a gun out. You could take out the flashlight and do a melee attack with it.

Doom 3 BFG edition has the flashlight on your suit, so instead the Doom Marine holds his fists out and you can just punch with those. I think that animation was in the original Doom 3 but you only saw it when you picked up Berserk? Not sure on that last bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.