Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

The sequel to Dissidia: Final Fantasy. It features new additions to the roster including Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII and other Final Fantasy characters.

Thoughts so far on Dissidia Duodecim

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Edited By recroulette

No Caption Provided

So TGS has come and gone, and outside of the Devil May Cry reboot. The thing that has intrigued me the most is the stuff on Dissidia Duodecim (sounds like Duodenum, hahaha, old joke) 

The Father/Son picnic never ends well for these two.
    There is a trailer on the official website here. And this may be my Final Fantasy inside fanboy (despite not finishing a FF since X), but HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKS AWESOME!  Dissidia for the PSP is probably my favorite game. It has a decent battle system, insane amounts of customization, and a Giga-Graviton of fan service. It was a perfect pick up and go game, and despite me not having much knowledge about the series in general (before Dissidia I had only finished 7-10, and played a bit of 4 and 5.) I was able to dig the story.  Actually, Dissidia was the first game where I imported it and used online translation guides to play the game. I just couldn't turn down seeing Jecht fight Sephiroth.

So, what's new?

There are two new characters confirmed (Well, maybe three, Tifa is practically confirmed)

The Dragoon Jumps into action

Kain

The dragoon from FFIV makes his appearance here. Nomura basically fought to have him in the last one, but he didn't make it. He arrives in 012 to make things complicated between Cecil and Golbez. Complicated. He seems to have a lot of jumping attacks, being a dragoon and all.

Rose petals will fall.
     Rose petals will fall.

Lightning

One of the main characters from FF13. She seems to have the Paradigm system from 13, in gameplay you can see ATK under her lifebar, so this should make her an interesting character. A lot of her attacks tie in with her Odin summon.

In an interview done by andriasang with the producer Tetsuya Nomura and director Mitsunori Takahashi, they said that there won't necessarily be one good character and one evil character added per game, they were just going by popularity, and uniqueness of moves. So, who knows who might get in. Take Final Fantasy 10 for example. Auron seems like a shoe in right? Or would Yuna's summoner style give her the edge. Maybe Wakka?

There is also a neat assist system that works like Marvel vs Capcom. Where another character will come in and hit your opponent. Looks like it will add another layer of depth, but I can't help but worry that people will just pick Cloud due to popularity, and his goddamn Omnislash Ver. 5 combo.

There will be a new story, new moves, new stages, new music. Obviously. There was just so much stuff in the first game, from weapons to summons to armor and accesories. Just a massive amount of stuff to collect. Personally, I cannot wait for this game, I will probably pre-order this and import it when it hits in spring. I am completely hyped over this.

Oh right, there might be something for you if you are a Kingdom Hearts fan or a Parasite Eve fan. 
     Cloud in his KH attire
     Cloud in his KH attire

Lightning as Aya Brea
     Lightning as Aya Brea

Cannot wait for this.
    recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette

No Caption Provided

So TGS has come and gone, and outside of the Devil May Cry reboot. The thing that has intrigued me the most is the stuff on Dissidia Duodecim (sounds like Duodenum, hahaha, old joke) 

There is a trailer on the official website here. And this may be my Final Fantasy inside fanboy (despite not finishing a FF since X), but HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKS AWESOME!  Dissidia for the PSP is probably my favorite game. It has a decent battle system, insane amounts of customization, and a Giga-Graviton of fan service. It was a perfect pick up and go game, and despite me not having much knowledge about the series in general (before Dissidia I had only finished 7-10, and played a bit of 4 and 5.) I was able to dig the story.  Actually, Dissidia was the first game where I imported it and used online translation guides to play the game. I just couldn't turn down seeing Jecht fight Sephiroth.

So, what's new?

There are two new characters confirmed (Well, maybe three, Tifa is practically confirmed)

Kain

The dragoon from FFIV makes his appearance here. Nomura basically fought to have him in the last one, but he didn't make it. He arrives in 012 to make things complicated between Cecil and Golbez. Complicated. He seems to have a lot of jumping attacks, being a dragoon and all.

Rose petals will fall.
     Rose petals will fall.

Lightning

One of the main characters from FF13. She seems to have the Paradigm system from 13, in gameplay you can see ATK under her lifebar, so this should make her an interesting character. A lot of her attacks tie in with her Odin summon.

In an interview done by andriasang with the producer Tetsuya Nomura and director Mitsunori Takahashi, they said that there won't necessarily be one good character and one evil character added per game, they were just going by popularity, and uniqueness of moves. So, who knows who might get in. Take Final Fantasy 10 for example. Auron seems like a shoe in right? Or would Yuna's summoner style give her the edge. Maybe Wakka?

There is also a neat assist system that works like Marvel vs Capcom. Where another character will come in and hit your opponent. Looks like it will add another layer of depth, but I can't help but worry that people will just pick Cloud due to popularity, and his goddamn Omnislash Ver. 5 combo.

There will be a new story, new moves, new stages, new music. Obviously. There was just so much stuff in the first game, from weapons to summons to armor and accesories. Just a massive amount of stuff to collect. Personally, I cannot wait for this game, I will probably pre-order this and import it when it hits in spring. I am completely hyped over this.

Oh right, there might be something for you if you are a Kingdom Hearts fan or a Parasite Eve fan. 
     Cloud in his KH attire
     Cloud in his KH attire

Lightning as Aya Brea
     Lightning as Aya Brea

Cannot wait for this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.