Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disney Epic Mickey

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 30, 2010

Oswald the Rabbit and Mickey Mouse battle it out in Warren Spector's re-imagining of Walt Disney's universe in Epic Mickey.

Is a port to 360/PS3 dependent on Epic Mickey bombing on the Wii?

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Tesla

What happens if this game falls well below sales expectations?  It's not outside the realm of possibility for a 3rd party game on a Nintendo console.  Is that the only way those of us without a Wii have a chance to play this game? 

I find myself hoping that the game does not sell well, despite my love for Warren Spector.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

Most likely but it's not certain.  I think it's got to do more with contractual obligations towards Nintendo and the input device. See how Dead Space: Extraction pretty much bombed on the Wii but it's still geting an HD version for the PS3 because the input devices are so closely related. Also the fact they are bundling it with every PS3 copy of Dead Space 2 won't hurt at all. I heard talks about how the dev team is interested to porting the game to the PS3 after the Wii release. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

If the game bombs on the Wii -- the console most popular with the audience the game is aimed at, and appeals to the most -- it's definitely not getting a port, dude.

Perhaps if the game is a huge success, they'll consider porting it -- but if it's a failure, all they're going to do is make sure they never make a game like it again.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    @Icemael said:
    " If the game bombs on the Wii -- the console most popular with the audience the game is aimed at, and appeals to the most -- it's definitely not getting a port, dude.

Perhaps if the game is a huge success, they'll consider porting it -- but if it's a failure, all they're going to do is make sure they never make a game like it again. "
    This.  I really hope the game sells well.  Would love to see the game in HD.
    Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tesla

Good points all around.  I guess it makes more sense that the game would be ported if it sells well.  Either way, I just want to play the game.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Icemael said:

" If the game bombs on the Wii -- the console most popular with the audience the game is aimed at, and appeals to the most -- it's definitely not getting a port, dude.

Perhaps if the game is a huge success, they'll consider porting it -- but if it's a failure, all they're going to do is make sure they never make a game like it again. "

Yer probably right - but at the same time, regardless of it's target and base, the Wii is not exactly known for its third-party grand-slams.

@Tesla said:

" Good points all around.  I guess it makes more sense that the game would be ported if it sells well.  Either way, I just want to play the game. "

Same boat, I'd really like to give it a go but I won't be buying a Wii for it.
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By owl_of_minerva

In general, good things do not happen in the gaming industry based on things going badly, they get worse. I'd pray it does well.

DaBuddaDa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DaBuddaDa

The only port it could get would be move-required on PS3. The motion controls are too important.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#9  Edited By Icemael
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @Icemael said:

Yer probably right - but at the same time, regardless of it's target and base, the Wii is not exactly known for its third-party grand-slams. "
    Most good third-party Wii games are poorly marketed niche titles. This is Mickey Mouse.
    septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By septim

Given that even major franchise Wii titles like Metroid and Kirby have been flopping, I would say that Mickey has an uphill climb toward sales success. 

And the only time I hear this game mentioned is people bemoaning the fact that it's not on an HD console. Doesn't look good.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I think it's definitely possible, but I can't say I'm too interested in the game either way. I love the name, though, but I'm not sure if the game will actually live up to it.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By dragonzord

Warren Spector was on 1 up podcast talking about the game a week or so ago and was basically like 'I wanted to do a Deus Ex style game, but Disney asked me to do a Mickey game. I love Mickey so I said yes, but the game I wanted to do had to be on Wii because no one else had the technology I needed.' I imagine it's completely up to Disney at this point, because Warren pretty much said no. Usually when they're considering an HD port they'll say like "Well see" or something really vague. I imagine if the game bombs he'll get to make that Deus Ex style game, if it doesn't? They'll probably let him do a Donald Duck game involving Scrooge or something, since he wanted to do a Duck Tales game. 

I think we're good either way, but I REALLY hope it sells well.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kjellm87

Hopefully it will sell, I've done my part and pre-ordred it

desku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By desku

I can see a HD port to the PS3 with Move support the most likely of outcomes, but even that looks bleak.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Geno
    liquidsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By liquidsol

Is a Disney/Mickey game coming out for the Wii, 3 weeks before Xmas.  It's also #3 on Amazon behind DKC and Black Ops.  It probably won't fail.  But I'd like to see an HD port...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.