Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

The Legend of You

Cantaloup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cantaloup
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

Remember that Destiny ad where they hired Gus Fring, and he was telling a bedtime story about the exploits of the Guardians or something? I find it almost hard to believe that that ad is related to the version of Destiny that shipped.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ry_Ry

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you/share?video=2.4611686018428813201.2305843009218719926&version=2

Invisible CptnAmerica, the Cabalsbane

Really neat, kinda makes me want to play again

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blueneurosis  Online

I...I killed a lot of things with the SOROS Regime. Like war crime a lot.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tried looking up Brad's (bradx0r) and Jeff's (Giantbombing) and somewhat not surprisingly Brad's video won't load. Destiny amirite?

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

It helps alot if you have an old character who you played through the original game with. My newer alt barely got anything at all even though she is level 30. I guess all that grinding was good for something after all.

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By euantor

That's pretty cool actually, some neat technology behind it. Also, I'm apparently in the top 5% in the world for Cabal kills and the top 8% for Vex kills, which I guess is nice to know.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine seems to focus on boring stats.

As a sniper, I demand satisfaction for being in the top 2% of precision kills performed. Or just somewhere near the bottom of shotgun kills attempted.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Shit. That was kinda cool.

VEXINATOR THEHT, THE VEX CONQUEROR, with my Last Word and paltry 1 raid completed.

The username kills it though. I always wished they let you name your characters instead of go by username, even if no one else sees it in-game.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I have to imagine the video of my character would be of him sleeping for the months since the last time I played Destiny.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty neat. Mine was mostly stats, but still interesting stuff.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By whitegreyblack

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you/share?video=2.4611686018428612039.2305843009214849763&version=2

Hmm. I like that it mentioned my melee kills since I liked to punch baddies in their stupid face.

I was less impressed when the video called me a sniper who's story has spread; although I don't believe my character even had a sniper rifle equiped most of the time. It took that from a single long-distance kill stat instead of looking at things like how I liked scout rifles and punching people more than anything else in that game (heck, my longest distance kill might be with my scout rifle).

It also missed the most important stat: "got very bored with the game and has not logged in since 2014".

coreymw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@cantaloup: I think this is a cool way to market new content. I haven't played the game in a few months, and probably won't unless the game miraculously comes to PC (No longer have a PS4). But if games start using my old save and stat information to customize the marketing message, I could dig it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This is such a good idea, it looks like it cost a fortune to put together though. As someone who hasn't played Destiny, this is the most impressive thing I've seen about the game so far, including the actual game.

brads_beard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brads_beard

I killed Crota 45 times and I'm top 4% in Crucible wins.

I've wasted my life.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is rad. What a smart way to make people feel like they've had some connection to the game.

Although showing me my negligible raid stats doesn't exactly inspire a whooping sense of enthusiasm for my in-game accomplishments.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShadyPingu

Damn, I guess playing through the PSN demo doesn't constitute a legend. It would've been funny to witness the great feats of my level 7 Hunter who hasn't even left Earth yet.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

1 Atheon kill and top 7% in Hive Ogre kills (I ran the ogre strike a lot back when Complete a Strike Without Dying was a regular part of single bounties and longer quest lines).

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually pretty damn cool. Although I don't know how the Taken King knows my name as I didn't do anything for the past ten months or so.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Destiny is the opiate of the masses.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Nardak

I am suspecting that the trailer tries to find your best stat and builds the trailer around that fact. I never managed to be on any raids since I just find it too much of a hassle to seek other players for those. But as a defender (lvl 29 atm, other 2 classes are at level 27) I am somehow in top 1% when it comes to pve:

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you/share?video=2.4611686018434876193.2305843009219624559&version=2

In the end I found the light system to be too much of a hassle to continue playing but I am returning for the taken king since they have revamped the leveling system to be more exp based.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a really cool idea but Im not sure how it pulls stats. I played a good 100 hours in PvE and about 2 hours in PvP, its called me "Fist of Saladin" and told me how great my 34 Iron Banner kills and 4 Iron Banner wins were but I still enjoyed semi-personalised trailer thing.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Whoa, that is cool

I got top 3% precision kills, top 4% enemy precision kills, and top 5% cabal kill/death ratio

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you/share?video=2.4611686018428648832.2305843009215175422&version=2

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's supposed to be checking stats and whatever to determine your play style and such, the trailer thing coughing up like 3 or 4 Crucible stats is like a slap in my face. I cannot stand Crucible, and have spent little time there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.