Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Please someone help me with old king allant!

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bobcat1794

im on my first playthrough and ive done this fight probraly over 40 times will someone please help me. im at the elevator right before him.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Maajin

You mean help you inside the game or with a strategy? I can't play right now, but you just gotta figure out King Allant's pattern (which isn't so hard) and be very, very patient.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Including your soul level would help if you want any blue phantoms helping out directly. Otherwise, yeah, as with the rest of the game, just be patient and observe. Dodge rolls are your friends. And there's one particular attack he has that has massive range and damage, but it'll be pretty obvious when he's going for it and can easily be interrupted before he can actually use it.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Try the Demon's Souls wiki or summoning blue phantoms.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Don't let your Soul Level be reduced by 1, because that sucks.

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CannonGoose

Yeah, when he starts glowing blue you roll the hell away! A nice way to start the fight is to not move one inch as soon as you walk through the fog. Stay perfectly still and you'll be able to see his head just cresting the top of the staircase, now pull out your bow and arc a few arrows into him until his HP bar stops showing, then you have to run up and start the fight for real.

I got a good quarter of his health off doing this. But yeah, just learn his attacks and dodge/hit him once/dodge. It's a very long fight but you'll feel good once you've beaten him!

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Three0neFive

Use small, fast weapons (short swords, curved, etc.)
    Make sure you can roll - take your armor off it you have to
    Don't get greedy - hit him once or twice, then back off and wait until his pattern resets
    If you absolutely must pop some grass, get the fuck as far away as possible

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By EVO

Old King Allant is a piece of cake compared to Flamelurker and Maneaters. Just spam Soul Ray.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @EVO said:
    Old King Allant is a piece of cake compared to Flamelurker and Maneaters. Just spam Soul Ray.
    For me, all of the bosses were actually really easy except for Old King Allant. I guess that's why they apparently nerfed the magic class in Dark Souls...
    WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WizardShazam

Approach the bottom of the staircase, cast poison cloud while his back is still to you, repeat each time the spell dissipates for about 20 minutes. He will die without ever even turning around.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ExplodeMode

Keep your distance and dodge his dashes.  Attack him once or twice when he misses and get away from him again.  When he is glowing and about to stab the ground run at him and hit him to interrupt it, and then get away again.  Once you learn his attacks, he becomes one of the easiest bosses.

People can only get into your game if their level is close to yours.  Within a 10 or 20pt range, I can't remember.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By kingzetta

poison him and hide

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Aetheldod

@bobcat1794: Keep away from him untill he stucks his sword to the ground , he does the big attack but if you hit him (you got around 2 seconds) you can hit him from 2 to 3 times and then roll away , you also cancel the attack .... just be patient :D

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By pjacobson21

Make friends with soulray, and just roll backwards when he strikes.  If you are a melee character most of his attacks can be easily avoided but his soulsucker (drains one soul level!) is just brutal and very frustrating to get hit by.  I would recommend summoning a blue phantom or two to help you out if you can.  Makes the fight very easy because he will really only go after the host so just keep dodging and rolling out of the way and the phantoms should be able to easily take him out, especially if they are magic users.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@EVO said:

I read that Old King Allant was highly resistant to magic, so Soul Ray probably wouldn't have worked too well for a melee class like myself.@FluxWaveZ said:

@EVO said:
    For me, all of the bosses were actually really easy except for Old King Allant. I guess that's why they apparently nerfed the magic class in Dark Souls...

How did you deal with the Maneaters? I still had trouble with them even after learning their patterns.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By stubbleman

Someone already recommended you go to the demon's souls wiki, but if your too lazy then here's my advice. You stand dead still when you get out of the elevator and he will stop walking up to you after a spell. Then walk slowly up to him till you can lock on to him and start casting poison mist on him. Wait until his health bar stops going down to cast it again. He won't attack you or anything and you can just stand there and cheese him with the poison cloud.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ExplodeMode: I wish I knew his explosion attack could be interrupted when I fought him. That would've taken away most of the stress from the fight and made it go a lot more quickly. I probably would've gone straight on to playthrough three if I had known that.

People have to be within 10 souls levels of one another to play together.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By MikeFightNight

Never got to the end of Demon Souls but you piqued my interest in the final boss so I went to check it out on youtube. Do something like this guy did I guess.

EDIT: This guy seemed to do it much faster lol. New game ++ though I guess.

Or Just go ask Vinny;)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @ViciousAnchovy said: 

How did you deal with the Maneaters? I still had trouble with them even after learning their patterns.

I beat them on my first try. I didn't know what to expect, saw one Maneater and proceeded to blow it up with magic (Fire Spray + Homing Soul Arrow, I think) while easily rolling out of the way of its attacks. Then the 2nd one appeared and I proceeded to destroy that one too. It was surprising to later learn online that so many people had difficulty with that boss. It made me feel good about choosing a magic class instead of a melee one.
    KleenmanBobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KleenmanBobby

@fluxwavez: dude the mage charecters are the EASIEST to fight in multiplayer. Seriously just equip Garl Vinlands shield and any other weapon and it's soooo easy. Just dodge and roll till there magic runs out then there really screwed. Or you just need to rush them with your shield up and sidestep when they begin to cast then stagger-lock them.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'll get in my time machine and go back almost 3 years to save you necro thread!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The False King does NOT fuck around. Such a great boss fight. Demon's Souls is so fuckin good.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez: You just got told (!) Why you no build for PvP.

I just played through Demon's Souls recently and found him pretty easy, beat him on the first try. Just stay away from him, he charges, you dodge, he stands there for a second, slash slash, rinse and repeat. Kinda wish I didn't beat him first try though as he stole two soul levels from me from grabbing me. I only knew what had actually happened after the fight. Still though beat the game in the end fairly easily so no harm no foul.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.