Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Need help with changing world tendency.

Avatar image for smashed_pumpkins
    smashed_pumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Hi.

I have run into an issue. I have tried googling but all the results I have found are from before when the servers were taken down. I have accidentally put world 4 into Pure Black World Tendency. I was having enough trouble before those two phantom skeletons appeared before the third reaper. I farm a lot here and killing myself is faster than going back to the nexus. I must have done it while human enough to end up in this horrible situation.

Is there anything I can do to change this? Logging onto the server to reset it is not an option anymore. Would deleting and reinstalling the game work. I would try it but my PSN is slow and it will take all afternoon to redownload the game.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By burncoat

World 4 is the skeleton and manta ray one, right?

There should be a black phantom at the beginning of 4-1 that if you kill, go back to the Nexus, and come back it should revert a few steps towards white.

Try and kill the primeval demon first.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I recently ran into a situation where I want the zones to be pure white, but I forgot that dying outside of the Nexus in human form brings a world's tendency closer to pure black. It's probably a vain effort nowadays since getting worlds to pure white without making a beeline to new game plus is a pain in the ass at best, but I started a new character in the hopes of triggering pure white events on the first cycle.

So, either start a new character and remember to suicide in the Nexus after killing a boss, or continue to farm in 4-2, buy some upgrade stones in 2-2, boost vitality more than you normally would to compensate for the health cap in soul form, and try to tough it out with black tendency.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.