Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Dead space controls - pile of crap.......

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DeadlyPain

i got dead space this morning - graphically im impressed - sound wise amazing, absolutely stunning :D
    Controls though?...right....

the mouse settings and strafe for this game are irritating me to the level of me thinking of leaving this game and letting it gather dust till they are fixed, i think i read that EA did that so it was the same experience as on the consoles for the pc....thats the biggest load of crap ever......i've wasted countless ammunition because of the turn speed of the aim mode - and they give no option to tweak it in the option menu - you can make the normal turning fast, but not the damn aim <<< fucking important EA, has it not sunk in yet with you thats its the PC version? - Mouse users will find the slow and unchangable ways you chose for this game seriously annoying, afterall, its the damn reason why i use a pc and not console, i fucking hate the shit turn speeds of consoles - and its not just that, why did you fuck up the strafe?
    strafe seems to only work when you ONLY press A or D if you're pressing W and D you might as well not be, as it doesn't seem to do anything????

Don't get me wrong this game is gonna be epic - i've barely got past the start and im already unnerved by whats gonna be around the corner - but DAMN IT....Fix the damn controls.......

apart from the mouse issues and strafe, the other controls are perfectly fine for me, i like the setup with the space as a secondary switch etc
    just the annoying turn speed of aiming sucks balls - the strafe i can deal with.
    WE PAID FOR THE PC VERSION OF THE GAME - WHY THE HELL YOU WOULD THINK PC USERS WOULD LIKE THE STUPID FUCKING CONSOLE TURN SPEED IS BEYOND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your Wrecking this game for me >:(

You should have given us the OPTION to play like the console version, Not forced us to!

Anyone else annoyed by it? ¬_¬     ---   Stupid consoles, gotta make things complicated with your shite turn speeds.......

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

The console controls are fantastic.

Elijah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Elijah

I've been playing the PC version for a while now and haven't had a single problem with the controls.  I don't know what you're talking about with the turn speed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

Mouse dpi?

Nikuls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nikuls

360 controllers are USB; if it worked for Viva Piñata...

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Subway

On 360 it has the best 3PS controls I've used.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pibo47
    Subway said:
    "On 360 it has the best 3PS controls I've used."
    Thats why i like the 360 controller sooo much.
    DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeadlyPain

your right - i tried the game with a x360 controller and the controls are alot smoother
    looks like i'll be playing the pc version with a console pad......

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I just finished playing for the first time and I think the controls are pretty good, they are a little strange at first but I quickly got used to them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.