Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space Extraction

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 28, 2009

A prequel to Dead Space, Extraction tells the story of the original Necromorph outbreak on the USG Ishimura. The game trades the original's third-person action for a hectic on-rails shooter from a first-person perspective.

Wii Motion Plus... A plus?: Dead Space: Extraction

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Claude
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Simple , Nintendo wants to make more money by selling Motion plus

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

It has nothing to do with Nintendo, this is a EA game.

This is a design decision,  the game obviously is not as simple as some may think, it clearly features motion controls that they feel can be bettered with use of the product, for those that have it.. I'm thinking it's for melee attacks, opening pressure doors and simple physics based puzzles, that sort of thing.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I had a really good idea on how Nintendo could implement WM+, but sadly I can't remember.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I dont like the idea of Wii motion plus since we were pretty much promised 1:1 motion sensing from the wii mote as is, I don't own a Wii any more but its odd that The wii has more addons and such then any console before it and that doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon.  It wasn't okay in past generations I don't know why it is now.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Meowayne

Granted, we should all be really mad that Nintendo didn't include this in the first place when they promised they did. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "I dont like the idea of Wii motion plus since we were pretty much promised 1:1 motion sensing from the wii mote as is, I don't own a Wii any more but its odd that The wii has more addons and such then any console before it and that doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon.  It wasn't okay in past generations I don't know why it is now.
    "
    No, we weren't promised 1:1 motion sensing from the wii remote as is, they've actually refrained from saying that much for Motion Plus for the most part (though it probably has slipped about it on occasion). For the Wii it was pretty clear movements are far from 1:1 months before launch thanks to all the hands on impressions anyway.

Also, the Wii doesn't have more add ons than any console before it, it's on par with any other system actually. Unless of course one is pendatic enough to count the plastic shells that have no electronics whatsoever, though if we add third party accessories then all systems have a similar amount of ridiculous or less ridiculous stuff nobody buys. What, so the Wii has the balance board, and the PS3 has the eye toy (or whatever they call it nowadays), so what? Then there are all sorts of funky controllers, arcade sticks, joysticks, mice, keyboards, wheels, headsets, guitars and drums for almost all systems. So?

As for the actual topic, I'm curious in what ways they plan to use it. I don't think it's for puzzles, I think a lightgun-esque shooter would actually be worse off with puzzles, unless they can be skipped after the first play through. It's no fun solving the same riddle more than once, and it would slow down the rest of the gameplay for subsequent play throughs.

Also, what Linky said.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Endogene

Could my dream of cutting of libs with a laser sword finally come true?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Tireyo

I think that they should have had the feature in the Wii mote in the firstplace.

Kowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Kowalski

Every single game on the Wii would benefit som using WMP if the developer know how to implement it (I'm sure terrible results will ensue during it's release window), but I don¨t see how an on rails shooter could gain alot from it, more than stability I guess.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Dalai

No need to be intrigued anymore.  That statement was apparently false and there won't be Wii MotionPlus support.

I can't see any real advantages it would give it anyway.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Claude
    Dalai said:
    "No need to be intrigued anymore.  That statement was apparently false and there won't be Wii MotionPlus support.

I can't see any real advantages it would give it anyway.
    "
    Well... I'll be damned. Fucking internet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.