Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space Extraction

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 28, 2009

A prequel to Dead Space, Extraction tells the story of the original Necromorph outbreak on the USG Ishimura. The game trades the original's third-person action for a hectic on-rails shooter from a first-person perspective.

Game Breaking Bug After the Final Chapter? (PSN)

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By ESREVER

I just "beat" this game with my Dad tonight and as the game was coming to a close and faded the screen to black, it just stopped working.  

After the final white text appears, it just stays at a black screen. My crosshair is still able to move around on screen, and I can still pull up the XMB. However, the game will not move off the black screen! I tried pushing all the buttons, clicked randomly on the screen, even connected a dualshock and pressed all the buttons. I only got a response from one button on the dualshock, and that was X. Which produced a loud "beep" sound, as if I was trying to select something that wasn't selectable. 
    So I quit out of the game through the XMB and reloaded it. Went back to the final chapter and replayed it. Got to the same part, and the exact same thing happened! 

Am I missing something? Or is the game just borked? Mind you, because I had to quit out through the XMB, it does not save/record my progress for that chapter. Which probably means I'm missing out on some trophies because it won't let me finish.  

I find this to be a real shame because this sort of dampens my experience with the game that I had otherwise enjoyed very thoroughly. Tis a shame this had to happen, because I thought it was a pretty excellent experience for a rail-shooter. It wasn't very scary, but it was a lot of fun. 

Has anybody else played this game on the PSN to completion and have the same problem?

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

Ok, so I just replayed the final chapter once more and figured out what the problem was... I think. 
    When I first played it, I was not connected to the online. 

I found out the black screen with white text was really suppose to be what looked like a trailer for the DS2 DLC, and the white text belonged to that video. After that played, I got my credits, results screen, and my precious trophies! 

So here's my advice to everyone playing. Be sure to be connected to PSN when you finish the game!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

Cheers for the heads up!

i haven't dove into extraction yet - i find it hard to hold the move controller for periods of time (insert fat lazy gamer joke) - gradually building myself up by playing the kill-zone 3 mutliplayer beta for a while with it every now and then. 
     I did play and love the demo of extraction however and have it on me dead space 2 disc waiting to go! looking forward to it :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.