Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 12, 2013

The last two entries in the Darkstalkers trilogy return in this enhanced downloadable compilation for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

With this many weird animations sometimes it all just clicks

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

So Darkstalkers is known for it's awesome and unique animations, and sometimes all the right pieces come together and form something like this. I'm so glad this game has the ability to save replies, otherwise I would have to keep moments like these to myself. But seriously look at this I mean, like wow. I'm so glad this was in one of my first online matches it really made me want to play the game more to see what other the ridiculous animations this game has.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I don't get it. Humping?

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TechHits

@video_game_king: well I'm not gonna lie it's not profound. But I couldn't believe how much it looked like humping. There's something there, I know it.

Edit: also as a side note can you believe that this is the first forum post for Darkstalkers Resurrection, not quite the same fan fair as 3S.

Psychohead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Psychohead

It's a little hard to tell because Sasquatch is so damn wide, but Raptor has a grab where he thrusts his ribs through his grabee. With other characters, you can see the (bloody!) ribs poking out the other side.

Not that that stops it from being extremely weird, mind you, but there ya go.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By EarthBowl

It is a product of a bygone era. When fighting game animations always seem to be viewed as sexual acts. I say we make the most of it and let loose as we have always done in that period of time.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a little hard to tell because Sasquatch is so damn wide, but Raptor has a grab where he thrusts his ribs through his grabee. With other characters, you can see the (bloody!) ribs poking out the other side.

Not that that stops it from being extremely weird, mind you, but there ya go.

*Insert obvious boning joke here*

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthbowl: I think that it's great Capcom adding this youtube upload feature for their remakes. It allows people to capture and share some of the wierdness that goes on in these old games.

Also it's now possible to find non-over the shoulder handy cam video of these darkstalkers games. It was actually quite difficult before.

Oullie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh Zabel.

The game has got some awesome animations in general. Someone also pointed out that one of Pyron's animations, I believe his stun/dizzy one or possibly his time over animation, resembles Edvard Munch's painting The Scream.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.