Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 30, 2017

A compilation of high-definition remakes of the first three Crash Bandicoot games.

Crash Exceeds The Expectations

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The game is now considered as UK's biggest single-platform launch of the year, so far.

And from early reports, it seems that the game is selling pretty well around the world.

The internet is currently considering the possibilities of new remakes, sequels and it coming to the Xbox One.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spyro trilogy would be amazing.

I'm glad this is selling though. This is a quality remake, even though some elements of how it actually plays are frustrating (though accurate from what I remember). As someone who grew up with all these games, the possibility that this opens the door for other franchises from my childhood to become easily playable and look good by modern standards is very exciting.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Cybexx

Good to hear it is doing well. From what I've played it seems like about as good as a remake as you could hope for while staying true to the original games' gameplay.

The other route they could have taken it would have been a more "Inspired by the Original" style remake like Tomb Raider: Anniversary or Ratchet and Clank, where they design a new game around the plot beats and moments of the original but I'm happy they went for more a straight gameplay remake in this case because I missed the original games.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@afabs515 said:

Heck yes it would. People seem to snub those games for some reason but they were a lot of fun. I actually played Spyro 2 a year or so back testing out a PSX emulator and I was amazed how well it held up. The camera controls aren't good but it felt solid otherwise.

I've been on the edge about buying this Crash thing but I think I might have to. I loved Warped when I was a kid.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested to seem them do a sequel. I think as Mario focuses more on open world, there is a gap for this kind of more linear, tightly designed platform we. They'd need to evolve it somehow though rather than just make another 25 levels of the same kind of thing, like they did with WoC.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I only ever played the first one when I was younger, I'm really excited to try 2 and 3 now. It definitely seems like Crash is a lot more popular here in the UK than it is in the US.

@afabs515 said:

Hot damn yes please.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will definitely pick this up down the line. As for it's success, I feel like the package is a great deal for what you're getting and there has not been a Crash game in quite a long time. So, there is a big demand for it. If this means a revival of the series with this type of gameplay, fantastic. Hopefully they also think about remastering CTR at some point. I know a lot of people would love that.

But I also hope this doesn't mean companies start focusing on remastering old games... as much as I love the old Crash and Spyro games, I've played those so much that I feel like I can play them with my eyes closed. It's great to see your favorite childhood game remastered, but it also sucks because there's no surprise left in them other than just seeing the game in shiny new graphics. I would much rather hear about sequels in the spirit of the old games being made that are improved in scope, but still retain simplicity. Probably too tall of an order though..

As it is, it seems that we are in a pretty saturated market of remastered games. Of course, everyone is going to want their favorite series to be remastered, but it is rare to find remasters of this type of quality. I hope the demand for remasters because of Crash doesn't confuse companies into thinking that they can just churn out every old series with "HD textures" and hope for us to buy them. If they're going to be remastered, they should be packaged together if they're a series so we don't have to buy each game individually down the line, have a significant boost in the animation and graphics department, and throw in some extra content that wasn't there when it first came out.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As others have said, I really hope they do Spyro trilogy next. Wasn't a fan of the first one, but 2 and 3 (especially 3) are all time classics.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they bring it out on more platforms, namely the PC, i only played the first game back in the day but it was great.
    Apparently the new Micro Machines has also done well in the UK, i don't think it looks good but Crash and Micro Machines were important parts of my life and it seems i share that with other UK'ers.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this success is fantastic!

This total overhaul of the original assets and effects, while keeping the gameplay basically untouched, is a very welcome take on the remaster... I feel like it lives up to the promise of what HD remasters always should have been.

I was worried that people were going to write this off as the usual HDification. I'm very happy that Naughty Dog went to all the effort to make it very clear what it actually is in the trailers so that we can enjoy it's success... and, hopefully, it will send a clear message of how to do this kind of thing right.

Good dog, Naughty Dog.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@whitestripes09: CTR remake with online play? Hell yes!!

I really think that it comes down to the cost of Crash-like remasters. If the gaming companies think that it is high enough for it to be risky, they'll probably invest their money in other more reasonable projects.

If not then get ready to see the market gets flooded by Hi-textures remasters. Because if you think about it, it was a Sony collection that got the gaming companies on the HD remaster bandwagon.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@yabbering_yeti: it was Vicarious Visions that did this remaster I think. But I agree they did a good job.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yeah that's crazy. Not sure what's next (CTR? New Crash? Spyro?)

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Ratchet and Clank ! Mooooooore !

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

If the Spyro trilogy is redone with the same amount of love my life would be complete.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.