Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

The tenth installment of the long-running shooter franchise introduces a brand new storyline, where the United States is under threat from a coalition of South American nations, and must employ a special group of operatives known as "Ghosts" to survive.

Audio problems

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

In the single player, I'm getting this weird audio popping or crackling sound, not quite a stutter like if the video card was failing. While the game does chug my computer, I don't seem to be experiencing any slow down or loss of frames. It's just very annoying to see some awesome explosion and then not hearing it to it's full effect due to this...

Avatar image for sir_loin_of_beef
    Sir_Loin_of_Beef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm getting the same annoying audio crackles and pops aswell, while I haven't played the single player campaign yet it is happen on the multiplayer menu and during gameplay. I don't know what the fix for it is. Also on a side note, I'm getting very bad FPS even with most of the settings set to normal (my rig is no slouch so I know it can't be a problem here) apparently the very low FPS is a problem that alot of people are having...

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes, this is quite annoying... I don't hear it as much in multiplayer, but as you said, the FPS is pretty terrible too. Maps take forever to load and while it runs pretty stable, as soon as the someone comes around a corner the frames drop as they start shooting. Hopefully there will be some sort of patch, the story seems interesting, but getting immersed into it is hard since the audio is all over the place. I think in reality though this is just a poorly optimized port and it makes me wish I could get a refund to purchase a console version of the game.

mintyice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I get weird audio drops occasionally in single player but mainly during the load cutscenes. It will just be silent for a second and resume but it happens several times.

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing on the 360 I'm having issues with the voices being way lower than the surrounding action. I've tried turning off all the weird audio effects on my tv and such, I think my game is just fucked, had to turn on subtitles.

GreenBayKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

same problem here playing multiplayer the sound cuts in and out please tell me this is not my tv i bought it last week does not do this with other games just ghosts . is my cd trash do i need to go back to gamestop and get a new disc?

GreenBayKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any reply to this on a fix . Is it the disc or the game itself I my brother and cousin both have and dont have audio problems

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I used to get that in Space Marine - never found a fix.

RogerioSantana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, i just fixed this damn sound problem by changing the display to windowed (no border). Dont't no why, but it worked. Still got that stuttering issues...........

Este site não tem classificação
    GreenBayKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still having issue on the xbox 360 hoping this will not be an issue when i get my xbox one next week

mcox42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mcox42

@mrjorowe said:

Playing on the 360 I'm having issues with the voices being way lower than the surrounding action. I've tried turning off all the weird audio effects on my tv and such, I think my game is just fucked, had to turn on subtitles.

Am getting the same problem on the PS3 running through the surround amp. Amp knows it's in Dolby Digital format but it seems the sound is only in 4.1 (i.e. 4 corner speakers and the sub, very low volume through the font speaker), voices and gunfire from my weapon sounds are muffled, almost "Ghost" like...ironic really. Taking the game back as it's unplayable with sound like that and can't be bothered with reading subtitles, every other game/blueray I own is fine so not a configuration issue. Would be interested to know if anybody get's a solution for this though, strangley the Activision support webpage is down!!

mcox42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mcox42

Just as an update, 2 channel sound through both the Amp and Turtlebeach Headphones is fine. Looks like it's a problem with the surround sound encoding.

phife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By phife

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.