Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout

Franchise »

The Burnout franchise incorporates the arcade-style racing made famous by games like Daytona and Ridge Racer and takes it totally over the top by adding ridiculous speeds and gigantic crashes.

Would you love to see a new installment of this franchise for next-gen consoles?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello, street racing fans!

It's about 10 years without a new installment of Burnout, the last one that Criterion Games made and released was Burnout Crash! while the latest release is Burnout Paradise Remastered by Stellar Entertainment.

Also a long time ago, Criterion Games was supposed to create Burnout 6 but for some reason, they cancelled it as they shift their focus to other projects such as Need For Speed and additional work with DICE's FPS games.

Currently, they're developing on the next installment of Need For Speed.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'd like to see the Takedown mode in something. I'm not sure I have any particular attachment to the Burnout franchise apart from that, but sure, I'd play a good twenty dollar "make the car go smashy smashy" game.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Whilst Forza / Horizon gives me all the driving fix I need, I'd definitely be interested in a new Burnout. Much more than I'd care about Need for Speed anyway. :P

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bakoomerang

I don't know the numbers but I assume the Need for Speed games always sell well (regardless of critical reception) otherwise they wouldn't keep churning them out the way they do, so I guess they don't really have that much incentive to make a proper new Burnout. On the other hand it seems like such a no brainer because it comes up every time they put out a new NFS, so you'd think the vast majority of the people who are buying those games would be more than happy to buy a new Burnout if they made one.

That said, I'm not even sure what that would be now. I don't even know if any of the key people that were involved with the original games are still there. Also, even though Paradise is well loved, for me the shift to an open world made for a worse experience, and I can't see them going back to a more traditional lap based/distinct tracks sort of game. But hey, they're bringing back Dead Space and who would've thunk they'd do that, so you never know!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

...But what are the post-hardcore, pop-punk, metalcore and emo scenes like these days?

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 24

Certainly. Whether a Paradise style open world or Revenge, just want to see some car crash by the road. Not so sure about Dangerous series.

bizarrohash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just give me Burnout 3 on modern hardware, please!

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have any specific requirements, if they make a good one of those i will play it, that largely goes for any franchise.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just give me Burnout 3 on modern hardware, please!

This is all i really want. Just port Burnout 3 to modern hardware in higher res and call it a day. I would probably drop $20 on a simple port of that game. And if EA are trying to win back old fans like they are trying with the Dead Space remake and bringing back Skate, try doing a Bluepoint Games style remake like they did with Shadow of the Colossus or Demons souls and remaster it.

Or if EA get really ambitious, actually make a new game. I know some people are not a fan of the open world of Paradise, so a smaller scale/lower budget game going back to track racing is fine by me. And there is already a developer with the skill and interest in making these types of games. Talk to Three Fields Entertainment and ask them if they would like a pile of money thrown at them and the rights to the Burnout name. They have gotten real close to re-making Burnout with there Dangerous Driving games, but have always been a little off the mark. Im sure a larger budget and a bigger team would help them finally get all the way to recreating that Burnout magic.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Paradise taken to strange new places. Realistically, what could you add to that formula to make it something better?

The map is tight, the gameplay is just addictive and, for all of the people EA have at their disposal, they haven't been able to capture that again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.