Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Braid

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 06, 2008

Manipulate time to complete puzzles in this 2D platform game made by indie developer Jonathan Blow.

Best storyline in A LONG time

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By wealllikepie

OK, so recently I beat the PC version of Braid (I didn't have the chance to get it for my 360) and I thought it really had the best storyline from at least the current generation of games. While this might seem a bit overexaggerated, before I thought of Bioshock as such. After this, I truly realized that you don't need a fortune and a million developers to make such a genius game. BRAID FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Eh, I didn't find the story to be that amazing but then again I find things I dislike in all games/movies' stories.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By willin

I do agree that it has an great and interesting story but the way it's told is horrible. Just a bunch of disjointed giant walls of text.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

Don't talk to gamers about story/storytelling. It always ends in embarrassment.

LeBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By LeBart
    @Meowayne said:
    " Don't talk to gamers about story/storytelling. It always ends in embarrassment. "
    Dude, Gears of War 2 has the best story evaaaaa !!! That part with Maria was so saaaad !!!

In all seriousness though, I think Braid had a really awesome ending, but until you get to that point the story was not as central to the experience as I would have liked it to be.
    My favorite game story is probably MGS3 or Shadow of the Colossus. But then again, there are so many of them !
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @wealllikepie said:
    "

OK, so recently I beat the PC version of Braid (I didn't have the chance to get it for my 360) and I thought it really had the best storyline from at least the current generation of games. While this might seem a bit overexaggerated, before I thought of Bioshock as such. After this, I truly realized that you don't need a fortune and a million developers to make such a genius game. BRAID FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"
    I love the picture at the end of this post.
    cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cdfishman
    @Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:
    " I do agree that it has an great and interesting story but the way it's told is horrible. Just a bunch of disjointed giant walls of text. "
    all I can say is yes.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By tebbit
    @cdfishman said:
    " @Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:
    " I do agree that it has an great and interesting story but the way it's told is horrible. Just a bunch of disjointed giant walls of text. "
    all I can say is yes.
    "
    I agree, I would say more that Braid didn't have a great story, but it was great at story telling. Also the Ending (or was it the beginning :O) was a very clever idea that was executed well.
    wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By wealllikepie

i heard that in the pc version of the game there's a secret ending where the princess explodes :O. I wonder if it's true and if it is HOW DO YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? to be honest though the only thing thats annoying about the story (apart from the huge walls of text) is how many interpretations there are of it. makes my head hurt...... :D

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Baillie

Text, text, text. Could be about anything, then you're thrown into a very well done ending, which makes a great ending, not a great story.

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cdfishman
    @wealllikepie said:
    " i heard that in the pc version of the game there's a secret ending where the princess explodes :O. I wonder if it's true and if it is HOW DO YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? to be honest though the only thing thats annoying about the story (apart from the huge walls of text) is how many interpretations there are of it. makes my head hurt...... :D "
    yes there is, hidden in the game are 8 stars, if you get them all then you get a different ending.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Ineedaname
    @cdfishman said:
    " @wealllikepie said:
    " i heard that in the pc version of the game there's a secret ending where the princess explodes :O. I wonder if it's true and if it is HOW DO YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? to be honest though the only thing thats annoying about the story (apart from the huge walls of text) is how many interpretations there are of it. makes my head hurt...... :D "
    yes there is, hidden in the game are 8 stars, if you get them all then you get a different ending.

"
    The ending wasn't really alternative, just after she explodes the final star is where her bed is on the normal ending.
    Although I suppose you could interpret that explosion as a disruptive relationship and so on.
    Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

I loved the story, and the way it all comes together in the epilogue is amazing. When you realise the princess was just a metaphor for the unattainable (and in this case the atomic bomb), how she'd been trying to escape from you the whole time and you were plying the game in reverse, that blew my mind. Also that explains why she blew up if you didn't already know that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.