Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue

Franchise »

A 2D fighting game series by Arc System Works developed as a spiritual successor to the "Guilty Gear" franchise, but eventually grown into its own universe with multiple spinoff stories and mainline expansions.

BlazBlue: CentralFiction Announced

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Yep, barely a couple weeks after BBCP Extend hit shelves in North America, a BRAND SPANKING NEW BLAZBLUE has been announced, as if they want to kill all of their hype over here. Here is the PV trailer for BlazBlue: Central Fiction!

At least two new playable characters have been confirmed (with a playable Nine teased but not confirmed), along with new storyline, better graphics, what appears to be a change with the burst/overdrive/xfactor mechanic and maybe some other bits tweaked enough to slap a $60 tag on the update before they prep another expansion that, while not required, will be necessary in order to keep up with the hep cats playing the latest and greatest version.

I'm this close to just throwing up my hands and not preordering BB this time, to just wait for the inevitable expanded version of BBCF to come out. Maybe they'll call it BlazBlue Central Fiction Ultimate, or BBCFU for short. Yeah, and maybe the alcoholic won't chug that one last can of PBR sitting on the bar in front of him.

PS: You're still not getting a playable Jubei, because ArcSys hates you.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

If this were any other company besides ArcSys, I would be surprised.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah, what an odd thing to announce mere weeks after CPExtend was released. Is this the one with the tag team stuff that the director was hinting at?

I like the BlazBlue games, but at this rate I can't keep up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.