Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 this winter?!

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By animateria
    Via Joystiq

It's actually a Japanese Arcade release with 1 new character Valkenhayn R Hellsing... (So far the only mentioned new character, so Makoto is probably on this list later as well)

Oddly enough, Valkenhayn will be DLC in the console version of BB:CT so I'm not sure if BB:CT2 is the console version update for arcades. 

Then again BB already has NPCs that have potential to be playable characters to begin with so I wouldn't be surprised to see more characters added to the mix.

Either way, count me out of BlazBlue until the final, final... final release of BB ever happens. 

(Already worried about my copy of SSFIV being obsolete with the arcade updates. I swear it's gonna be SSFIV Turbo for consoles!)
    CrimsonHigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CrimsonHigh
    @animateria: Is it really a new game or is it just the console updates (DLC characters) being patched into the arcade version?
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#3  Edited By Jazz

goddamnit i want to know the next part of the story.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mwng

Kinda funny how this is still out before CS in Europe.

@CrimsonHigh said:

" @animateria: Is it really a new game or is it just the console updates (DLC characters) being patched into the arcade version? "

And I think it's the latter.
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunar_Aura

This is just ridiculous. I want no part of BlazBlue if this is the direction its going.

CrimsonHigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrimsonHigh

It's not that surprising considering the number of updates they did to Guilty Gear X2

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#7  Edited By Jazz

I'm sorry...how is this different to SSFIV? They're getting a new version with Rolento and R. Mika or whoever. 
    It's just the way of fighting games..lets just hope we don't get the GGX2 phenomenon without the storyline being updated. I'd happily buy every version if there were new characters and a continued storyline.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Vade

They're just updating the arcade version to match the home version. DLC characters, Mu, balance fix and stuff like that. Everything will be on the console first anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I have to think that this is just for arcades, because arcades can't throw in DLC characters or balance fixes.

Also, Arc has seemed more likely to just release a full on new version every year with big balance changes, a couple new characters and progression of the story.  This is much better than a Street Fighter, where the story is Goddamn worthless.  I'm no anime fan, but the gameplay and the focus on characterization has got me interested in the story of BlazBlue.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Somehow I think it's just an arcade update.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.