Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 19, 2008

Widely considered a spiritual successor to the studio's Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue is a fighting game with highly-detailed hand-drawn character graphics and a story involving sorcery and science.

QUICK, teach me how to play.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fr0br0

I've never played this game before, but I'm joining a tournament being held at my college in less than 8 hours. Give me pointers on how to survive longer than 15 seconds. What is a good character I can use? Combos? Taunts?

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Keep refreshing this page and maybe Youtube'll have something for you I guess.
    Sorry I couldn't help.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fr0br0

Fine Giant Bomb, throw me out to the wolves and don't help me... I'm so screwed lol.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

choose noel ..hit the drive button a lot
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fr0br0
    @marioncobretti said:
    " choose noel ..hit the drive button a lot "
    Ok... what button is that on 360?
    trueSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By trueSpark

If you've still got time you could always check out these awesome Bang tutorials on Youtube!

Part 1:  

He's not the most beginner friendly of characters but he's pretty much all I play so that's all I can think of for you... Good luck!
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed
    @Fr0Br0:
    I played it on the ps3 but I will assume the layout is the same... 

probably 

attack  a- X 
    attack  b -Y 
    attack  c--B 
    drive - A
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

Dood...you're fucked.  BlazBlue ain't no joke! 

The best I could tell you is hit up YouTube and loltima was kind enough to post up all of the combo tutorials from the bonus DVD on there.  That helped me get better with Ragna, but other than that, you've just gotta play a lot of the game...much like any other fighting game.  Ragna is basically the Ken of the game, but most people seem to use only one of four characters:  Ragna, Arakune, Jin, or Noel.  I've seen a couple of Tagers and V13s out there online, but mostly, people just pick counters to whatever your gamer profile says you main with.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By turbomonkey138

I wish this game was released in the UK

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By CSXLoser

look at movelist of X character, memorize 2-3 moves that seem useful.

Spam them.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Fr0Br0 said:
    " @marioncobretti said:
    " choose noel ..hit the drive button a lot "
    Ok... what button is that on 360? "
    I don't know, but find out, because this is your best bet at winning.  That can oftentimes destroy even people who have a basic understanding of the game so search on how to do this.  But you've probably went to the tournament already, so...
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fr0br0

Didn't have time to look at videos. Tournament Sum Up:
    Played on a PS2 (WTF? This is really for PS2?) Chose Noel. Opponent chose dude with big hands. Matched against player who has only been playing for a couple weeks. Best of three wins. I won the first round-oops sorry, REBEL. Lost the second, um, rebel? Won the third, then lost the next two.  I mostly spammed Drive and heavy. Couldn't understand a single thing happening. And I still don't know what the hell a rebel is...

Anyway, had fun with the tournament as I always like to join tourneys where I don't even know the basics of a game and act like a complete moron. Kind of ticks off the people who take it really seriously.  I saw a vampire umbrella girl (Rachel?) who beat the shit out of everybody. Seriously, almost nobody could touch this guy... Blaz Blue looks like crazy shit and I'm sure it takes a lot of dedication to master even a single character, but hey, at least I can say I went to a Blaz Blue tourney and won a couple REBELS. Thanks for the pointers, everybody.

trueSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trueSpark

Awesome, glad to hear your report. Sounds like it was fun. Congrats on your victorious "rebels."

I'm still not sure what that means, but it sounds crazy, so I like it.

You're sure it was a PS2? It's definitely not officially out on that console, but I have seen it running off an arcade board hooked into a PC before...so maybe somebody did something crazy with a PS2 along those lines? I dunno, that's wild though.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fr0br0
    @trueSpark said:
    " Awesome, glad to hear your report. Sounds like it was fun. Congrats on your victorious "rebels."  I'm still not sure what that means, but it sounds crazy, so I like it.  You're sure it was a PS2? It's definitely not officially out on that console, but I have seen it running off an arcade board hooked into a PC before...so maybe somebody did something crazy with a PS2 along those lines? I dunno, that's wild though. "
    I could have sworn the box I saw was a PS2 box. I may be wrong. But we did play it on a PS3.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By unsolvedparadox

This game seems scary hard. I've had the LE sitting on my desk for months, but I've been too afraid to open it...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.