Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 19, 2008

Widely considered a spiritual successor to the studio's Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue is a fighting game with highly-detailed hand-drawn character graphics and a story involving sorcery and science.

It's Over 10,000! Achievement

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I am getting BEYOND frustrated by this achievement because, well, it seems to me that every video of it I look at I can actually do all the combos and string them together, while keeping the combo number fresh - but I still cannot match the damage being dealth by the people on these videos. Take this one for example: 

Now, this guy ends up doing 11757 damage. That's pretty good, I thought, and the combo look really easy to do. So I go into training, set my menu options all the same as he did (making sure to put Infinity on Infinite and Heat up to 100%). So I go in, and after a few tries and failed attempts I get the combo down - I'm just using the right stick after all, because most of the moves can just be pulled off by them. I was getting so frustrated I had to resort to using them :p Anyway, I got it - the combo I mean, and I managed to keep it fresh (not letting the enemy touch the ground or use a repetitious move in the combo.). But for some reason, the damage inflicted was only 9957. That's a mere 43 points away from the achievement. Yah, it's bascially the strength of a 5A punch. -_- So I try and try and try again... BUT I CANT DO ANY MORE DAMAGE THAN THAT! I am getting furious at this! I have even tried to make up new combos which actually work - but it still won't go beyond 9957! I just keep getting the same number! Even if the combo is different! Is there something I'm missing? I know it can't be the timing of the moves in the combo - I can't stress enough how many times I've been trying to do this tonight. I really have this and other combos down pat.

HELP! 
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson
    Glad to be of help, good sir. 
    Glad to be of help, good sir. 
    Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Fei

Are you holding the first super move for extra damage?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I figured it out - there is actualy a damage penalty for using the right stick. So I just did it with the button combos and it worked.... I should have known!

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By mordecaix7
    @xyzygy said:
    " I figured it out - there is actualy a damage penalty for using the right stick. So I just did it with the button combos and it worked.... I should have known! "
    A damage penalty!?  Wow I didn't know that was in there!  I use an arcade stick anyway so I wouldn't know about it to begin with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.