Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blacklight: Tango Down

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 07, 2010

A first-person shooter game for the PSN, XBLA, and PC from the team behind Saw and America's Army.

This game is awesome! Just kidding, no-one actually plays it.

Jehuty_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jehuty_X

I've had this game for a while, I bought it through steam, since then I've played two games, one was a three on three which was fun, then a one on one. Now I can't find a single player online, no-one plays this game on the PC?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Sooperspy

Theres people that play it on the 360, thats all I know.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Klaimore

Damn I wish I could then cancel my purchase from steam and just get it on 360.. what a bummer I saw this game as something that could evolve into something really cool like maybe, maayybe team fortress 2.

Jehuty_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jehuty_X
    Let's hope theres some sort of Steam Free weekend, but probabbly not as it is linked with Windows/ Xbox live.
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Well, there's a sale on the GFWL Marketplace right now, hopefully that will increase the number of players a bit (I bought it today and while regular deathmatch and most other game modes seems empty, I did get into a 6v6 team deathmatch game), though Microsoft seem terrible at marketing that sale, on the front page they only show new releases, and prices are only shown when you click on the specific game, so you can't see that Blacklight only costs $3.75 right now anywhere, and I guess other games might be on sale right now too.

Avatar image for lordcmdrstryker
    LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

I bought it on Steam day of release and played several games, but the samey look of everything combined with the awful camping drove me away almost immediately.  Haven't played at all since day 1.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I just managed to play 4 matches in a row, and didn't notice any camping. Took quite a few attempts to find any players (waiting for players to join doesn't work, but if you cancel and start a new search you start coming up with a lot of 3v3's and occasional 4v4's. What really damages the game is the lack of join-in-progress and auto-team balancing, I had a great time playing 3v3's, but after a while people started dropping off, and I ended up being alone in my team with 3 still in the opposing team. I still had a fun time, but I hope not too matches will end up like that.

I don't feel too bad for my 8/24 kill/death ratio on my first day with the game while being alone against 3 though.

Also, text chat wouldn't hurt either. I don't like talking in mics with people, and couldn't get voice chat to work with gfwl anyway, but I would appreciate being able to just have short conversations with people while waiting to respawn or something.

Jehuty_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jehuty_X

Yeah, there is a lot of camping, in one map inparticular where everyone camps on the roof.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

OMG! I have just discovered this game. Or when I say discovered, it was gifted to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you and I must remember to say thanks.

This game is AWESEOME!!! Now usually in a game if I get killed the instant I start moving and after every re-spawn, or if I play about 4 or 5 rounds and don't manage to get a single kill, I kind of just get frustrated and give up. With this game it doesn't really work that way, the first few rounds I had no idea what was going on. Then I found a weapon that another player had dropped and it had a really cool scope with a zoom feature even though it was meant to be the same class of weapon I dropped when I picked this new one up. That's when I started to get it, as a level 1 player going into a team deathmatch game against level 30+ players with a couple of level 70 players I realised that they had powered up all of the weapons and armour etc... So I set my mind to running around and exploring the maps, watching other players to see what they are doing and where the are getting kills or getting killed and then it didn't take too long for me to level up to level 6, get a couple of mods for my guns and even unlock 2 achievements. I think I'm hooked now!

I just hope that more players start playing this, it's on Steam at half price right now. I recommend this to anyone that likes FPS, I think this goes beyond most FPS games I've seen and I hope it gets bigger.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By alistercat

I picked it up for 75p in the GWL sale and I enjoyed it quite a lot. It's a lite version of what I expect Crysis 2 multiplayer to be like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.