Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blacklight: Tango Down

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 07, 2010

A first-person shooter game for the PSN, XBLA, and PC from the team behind Saw and America's Army.

Blacklight: Tango Down SPAWN SYSTEM

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By memo

Does anyone like the spawn system in this multiplayer?  Since you respawn back at your base and sometimes tend to have campers waiting for you.  I don't get why they are  camping you see them with the HRV....Maybe they could implemented a better spawn system, but then agai I just play the games not make them. 

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Please post game-specific threads in the appropriate forum. Thanks.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By memo
    @MB: My apologies.  It's my first topic, didn't think it would be a big deal but now I know.  Thanks for the heads up :)
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By immike

This seems like a very bad system for that reason. Can't someone just lob a grenade in the opposing spawn? 

Iron_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Iron_Past

I seem to have way less problems than I've seen others having.; every map I've played has some kind of counter for spawn camping, whether it's a good camping place for you or alternate routes or whatever. To be honest, one of my favorite things is when the enemy team tries to spawn camp, and it leads to many, many kill streaks for me. If you're outnumbered on a small map, that seems to be the worst, but even then It's not as bad as some people say it is; Wharfare and Brutalism are bad about that, and I got Dominating streaks on both of those thanks to campers, and a few a double kills thanks to simply lobbing grenades over the sides (there's an ammo crate right there in your spawn). Also, proximity mines are awesome in those situations. As for grenades, they only carry one at a time and I have yet to find a spawn that's small enough I can't just move out of range--though Wharfare comes close--but it does get annoying if they do it right as you spawn in . I don't know, the game isn't for everyone, apparently.

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By jessej07
    @Iron_Past: I completely agree 

I've had two matches in Team Deathmatch where the other team started to spawn camp... Both of them my team won.  At first it resulted in my team starting to lose, but eventually we all just found some good positions to fire back in our spawn and we started to dominate.  I even got one of the "god like" kill streaks (15 kills?).  Funny enough, even when the game got to be entirely in our favor, the other team kept rushing our spawn. 

Sometimes I'll rush the other teams spawn in a retrieval match just to get a quick kill and put some pressure on them so that my teammate can make the grab and get away... but the spawn system in Blacklight seems very good in that someone who is spawn camping will rarely get more than 2 kills, if that, before he is gunned down.  Often when I rush the opposing teams spawn I don't even expect to get a kill, just to slow them down.
    memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By memo

Usually when I see campers by my base i'll throw my emp grenade and then rush out.  That works for me, but also the way the maps are built your team can have the advantage and also the other team can turn the outcome of the battle, I think it has a smart mechanic and i like that it promotes less camping since you know were the enemies are at.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.