Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 13, 2008

Bionic Commando Rearmed is a remake of the classic NES game, Bionic Commando. Although it was designed mainly as a marketing tie-in to the 360 and PS3 game also called Bionic Commando, it was actually far, far better received by critics than the real console game.

Bionic Commando Rearmed is like payback. A huge bitch.

Strongschwartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Strongschwartz

Since my last blog was such a great success ( 2 persons read it, one more than I expected) I decided to continue my work. A few hours ago I saw that BCR was available for only 400 points. I tried the demo, liked it and decided to buy it. So far so good. What the demo did not show me was that this game is pretty hard. Not impossible. Not unfair. Just REALLY challenging. For all the masochistic gamers out there who love to throw their controllers in anger, is this definitely a recommendation. I mean 5 bucks. You can't go wrong. (Make that 40 bucks in case you actually do throw and break your controller).
    Next time I tell how easy the "Impossible" difficulty of dead space is, why Pyramid Head should not have been in Silent Hill Homecoming and why Gordon Freeman never talks. See you soon.

Strongschwartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Strongschwartz

Since my last blog was such a great success ( 2 persons read it, one more than I expected) I decided to continue my work. A few hours ago I saw that BCR was available for only 400 points. I tried the demo, liked it and decided to buy it. So far so good. What the demo did not show me was that this game is pretty hard. Not impossible. Not unfair. Just REALLY challenging. For all the masochistic gamers out there who love to throw their controllers in anger, is this definitely a recommendation. I mean 5 bucks. You can't go wrong. (Make that 40 bucks in case you actually do throw and break your controller).
    Next time I tell how easy the "Impossible" difficulty of dead space is, why Pyramid Head should not have been in Silent Hill Homecoming and why Gordon Freeman never talks. See you soon.

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By LocoRocker

epic thoughts. and you should still try plants vs. zombies!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

I think it says a lot that I have 2 achievements on the game and I have a B rank on here.

SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

So...is it as hard as Mega Man 9?  I am so close to finishing the game without dying, and I want another challenging game.

PS:  Impossible on Dead Space?  Not hard.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

I've been wanting to play Rearmed like crazy, but not owning my own Xbox 360 ruins that from happening for me.  =  /  However, I might consider dropping the dough for the Hell of it anyways.  = D

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

If you're having problems, you can always turn the difficulty down.  Lots of reviewers bitched and moaned about the difficulty, but it seems most didn't try easy mode either.  I'd strongly suggest playing on easy the first time through, as you'll still be learning the controls, and some of the platforming is a total bitch otherwise.

Strongschwartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strongschwartz
    @SoulEdgeSlayer:Never played Mega Man but I heard it's the devil (difficulty wise). Try BCR on hard and I think you will have fun.
    Strongschwartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strongschwartz
    @SpaceInsomniac: I did exactly that, but the fact I had to crank the difficulty down says a lot. At least to me.
    SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer
    Strongschwartz said:
    @SoulEdgeSlayer:Never played Mega Man but I heard it's the devil (difficulty wise). Try BCR on hard and I think you ... [more]
    Alright, I just downloaded it.  When I get home I will try it and post how hard it is to me.  Thanks for the recommendation!
    wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By wh1terav3n

It can be quite difficult, but sometimes that's a good thing. Nowadays a lot of games hold your hand and if you die they say, "Here, let me help you, I'll put you 5 seconds back with full health and ammo!", sometimes just having a tough game is nice. Veteran on COD4 was like that for me.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Diamond

I'm actually one of the highest ranked players on the leaderboards, at least last time I checked.  I love the game.

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By LocoRocker

for more masochistic platforming check out N+ on Xbox Live

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Sprizmo

The only thing about this game that I would change is add a save point before boss battles, because all the strategy and care you put into scaling an entire level is often rendered pointless when you can't immediately figure out what to do. I'm gonna have to chip away at this one over the next year probably.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Keeng
    @SoulEdgeSlayer said:
    " So...is it as hard as Mega Man 9?  I am so close to finishing the game without dying, and I want another challenging game.PS:  Impossible on Dead Space?  Not hard. "
    It is both slightly easier and millions of times better than Mega Man 9.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.