Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

What state is the PS3 version in now?

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pessh

Still fucked? thinking of picking it up, dude told me a patch fixed most stuff but he's Canadian so...

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

If you own a PlayStation 3, but have avoided buying the hot third-person brawler Bayonetta because of the widely known technical issues, a patch has been released to allow players to install the game onto the hard drive to alleviate frame rate issues.

This online update allows the game to be installed onto the console’s hard drive which significantly decreases the loading times for the game. The update will be automatically downloaded by PlayStation 3 users when they launch Bayonetta.

Original article:  http://www.gamestooge.com/2010/01/28/bayonetta-ps3-patch-fixes-framerate/
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Oh aye, those damn Canadians and their mischievous deception!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

Last time I checked after the patch it was noticeably better but some annoying things still remained like the pause menu took abnormally long to open up. Everything is still pretty bad compared to the 360 version but much more playable now.
    spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By spacetrucking
    @Pessh said:

" Still fucked? thinking of picking it up, dude told me a patch fixed most stuff but he's Canadian so... "

After the patch, it's playable but still not very enjoyable. The load times are significantly better but the actual graphics are still murky & washed out. In a normal game, this would not be a problem. But in Bayonetta, the emphasis is on precise combat and last second dodges so the graphics end up getting in the way.  

In witch time (basically bullet-time where you do majority of your combat), the game adds an extra filter on top that almost gives your enemies a form of camouflage. It becomes hard to carry on with combos when you can't see where your enemy is. On the harder difficulties, things go from frustrating to game-breaking because the enemies are really jumpy and you need the clear visibility to handle them effectively.

In short, avoid the PS3 version if you can. It's broken in a way that no patch can fix.
    WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

It's perfectly fine. I had concerns about it too, but while to may not be as smooth as the 360 version the patch they released fixed it to a point where you won't notice except for a few specific areas [the falling clock tower in the beginning is the worst it will ever get]

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Tsoglani

I found the PS3 version to be highly playable AND enjoyable... who gives a shit if the loading times took an extra few seconds... this did not detract from my gameplaying experience at all.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

Still ass. It has decent load times now, and doesn't need to load for like ten seconds when you pick up an item, but it still chugs, and looks ugly.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Tsoglani said:
    " I found the PS3 version to be highly playable AND enjoyable... who gives a shit if the loading times took an extra few seconds... this did not detract from my gameplaying experience at all. "
    Having to load just to go into menu's is an absolute pain and we're not just talking about a few seconds, these load times aren't even present in the 360 version. 
    The ugly graphics on top of that definitely make it the version to avoid.  It's like the 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII.  If you have both platforms, the choice is obvious..  If not, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Kokoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Kokoro

I should try the Xbox 360 version sometime. I have the PS3 version, but that's because I didn't have an Xbox 360 at the time I bought this game.  Regardless, I still like the game a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.