Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta Demo Impressions

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RaikohBlade

As someone who has played the Xbox 360 demo, here are a few of my thoughts on it. The graphics look absolutely spectacular, and the environments are breathtaking. Bayonetta herself controls very, very smoothly and the frame rate was amazing all the way through. Commands for the combos are very easy, perhaps too easy, as the demo gave me the impression that the game is a little mash-friendly. I hope the actual game is harder than the demo. The story seems pretty engaging and not mere excuse to kill things. The combat intricacies like torture attacks and all are very well implemented and don't break the flow of the gameplay, and contribute very well to the over-the-top nature of the game. Also, the sexy theme of the game is well executed. Since Bayonetta's outfit is made out of her hair, the stronger the move she performs, the more her outfit strips away. Her huge finishing attack on the boss in the demo rendered her completely naked *gasp*, but her hair covered all of the no-no areas. All in all, I am very excited for this game, for in my eyes it has a chance to be up there with the greats of the hardcore action genre, the original Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden Black. Only time will tell if it will match up to those two awe-inspiring games, but whatever the case, I am most definitely preordering this! Please, go ahead and share your thoughts on the game, and your experiences with the demo.

Augustus_Cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Augustus_Cole

That bitch be fine.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

sounds crazy and awesome, and i really want to try it, but i see no PS3 demo.  

@Augustus_Cole said:

" That bitch be fine. "
    this, too. 
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @AjayRaz said:
    " sounds crazy and awesome, and i really want to try it, but i see no PS3 demo.  

@Augustus_Cole said:
    " That bitch be fine. "
    this, too.  "
    lol, she is, but she is a bit too feisty for my tastes. I would prefer someone more...submissive. This is all assuming I am somehow transported into a video game dimension, where the virtual is reality. Yeah...
    Avatar image for virtualfryngpan
    virtualfryngpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By virtualfryngpan
    Bayonetta is a very unique game that is easy to jump into and have fun playing. It is a game for button mashers and perfectionists alike. Either way the fight sequences still make it look like you know what you are doing. Not only is this game graphically stunningly deserving of 5 out of 5 stars, but it's fantastic game play also proves why it gets a perfect score for me. Bayonetta combines the quick action fighting style of Devil May Cry with God of War's epic big boss battles. And just to top it off you get to play as a half naked chick instead of a half naked dude. A definite plus in my book. For all you Kratos fans out there I apologize, but she would owns his ass any day.    
    DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DirrtyNinja

Its awesome.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MysteriousBob

Played it. Seemed alright. Odd controls. I imagine this is why Devil May Cry plays like (never played it).

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Hashbrowns
    @RaikohBlade said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " sounds crazy and awesome, and i really want to try it, but i see no PS3 demo.  

@Augustus_Cole said:
    " That bitch be fine. "
    this, too.  "
    lol, she is, but she is a bit too feisty for my tastes. I would prefer someone more...submissive. This is all assuming I am somehow transported into a video game dimension, where the virtual is reality. Yeah... "

Submissive, eh?  That explains why Naoto is your user icon instead of, say... Chie. 

Anyway, I thought the demo was really fun.  While mashing is fairly effective, I can tell that there was obviously far more that I could do with more practice.  It's a tight-rope act of challenge versus accessibility and Bayonetta seems to do it well. 

I was a huge fan of the first Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox, but I have a deep seated dislike for the Devil May Cry series.  Something about the gameplay in Bayonetta really impressed me in a way Devil May Cry never did.  Strange that it's from the same designer.  Good on him.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marcsman
    @RaikohBlade:
    Not too impressed honestly.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed
    @RaikohBlade:
    mashing will get you killed in the full game... some of the enemies are very fast and have really unpredictable counters... there this one type that always comes in a pair and it can kill you in like two of it's combos (it is introduced very early in the game) the standard angel type you fight in the demo are as basic as you will get in the game and have very easy to dodge attacks... you can pretty much button mash them with the sword equipped but doing that later in the game youre going to run into a lot of problems... the enemies in this game  are always on the offensive unless certain charms are equipped.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Evilsbane

The game looks fun but...I just can't help but be confused by all these 10 out of 10s It looks quriky and seems to handle well and look pretty but..I don't know I guess I am just gonna have to rent the game.
    JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By JCGamer

Just played the demo and I really dug all the crazy stuff going on.  It really had a "intense" flavor to it and was a blast to play.  Hopefully the game isn't bat-crap impossible when it comes out.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By evanbrau

I liked the gameplay but I think there is just far too much of the things I hate about these kinds of games for me to bother with Bayonetta. My first negative experience with the demo came from the awful voice acting in the little introductory sequence which was immediately followed by the fucking awful j-pop music playing during the fight.  The falling clock tower blew me away and really had me psyched for the game but then I was immediately treat to more absolutely insulting voice acting followed by that obnoxious music apparently being in every fight in the game. I was pissed off with the metal in Devil May Cry 4 but this is far worse.

It plays well but not nearly well enough for me to get past the problems that drove me away from the DMC games and into the welcoming arms of God of War.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Nate

I thought the demo was a little too psycho. I found it nearly unplayable - way too over the top and just not enjoyable for me. I guess this means I wouldn't like Devil May Cry (never played these games).

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AltonBrown
    I'm so pumped for this game. Might even order the soundtrack.
    moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By moelarrycurly
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " Played it. Seemed alright. Odd controls. I imagine this is why Devil May Cry plays like (never played it). "
    It basically does.  DMC4 is cheap now too...
    aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By aerious

yeah that game looks awesome to say the least, helps that I really liked DMC 1, 3 and 4.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HaniBall

All I can say is that I enjoyed it more than the Dante's Inferno demo, which I was looking sooo forward to and which let me down big time. Don't know if it was just the fixed camera, I guess GoW had that too. Bayonetta just seemed like a breath of fresh air. And the thought of playing it on hard difficulty terrifies me, but I think I wanna try :D

And oh, the flora. I liked the flora in it.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @joest01 said:
    " All I can say is that I enjoyed it more than the Dante's Inferno demo, which I was looking sooo forward to and which let me down big time. Don't know if it was just the fixed camera, I guess GoW had that too. Bayonetta just seemed like a breath of fresh air. And the thought of playing it on hard difficulty terrifies me, but I think I wanna try :D  And oh, the flora. I liked the flora in it. "
    Oh don't worry, the game seems more forgiving than Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden, so it shouldn't be insanely hard. And yeah, the Dante's Inferno was garbage, and on top of that, it was a complete GoW clone. Not kidding, it was. Even the way he absorbs the green health orbs is like GoW. Not to mention the quick time event kills.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Jeust
    @RaikohBlade said:
    " @joest01 said:
    " All I can say is that I enjoyed it more than the Dante's Inferno demo, which I was looking sooo forward to and which let me down big time. Don't know if it was just the fixed camera, I guess GoW had that too. Bayonetta just seemed like a breath of fresh air. And the thought of playing it on hard difficulty terrifies me, but I think I wanna try :D  And oh, the flora. I liked the flora in it. "
    Oh don't worry, the game seems more forgiving than Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden, so it shouldn't be insanely hard. And yeah, the Dante's Inferno was garbage, and on top of that, it was a complete GoW clone. Not kidding, it was. Even the way he absorbs the green health orbs is like GoW. Not to mention the quick time event kills. "
    If you have to imitate a game. Do it to a praised and loved one! :p 

Not that i liked GoW.
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @Jeust: Ah, so you didn't like it eh? Well then of course you wouldn't like Dante's Inferno. Do you like Devil May Cry? It is the most similar to Bayonetta's style of gameplay.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Jeust
    @RaikohBlade said:

" @Jeust: Ah, so you didn't like it eh? Well then of course you wouldn't like Dante's Inferno. Do you like Devil May Cry? It is the most similar to Bayonetta's style of gameplay. "

I liked more watching it, than playing it. And you? 

About Bayonetta i'm going to try the demo...  

EDIT: 

And i did.  

The demo is a cool one! She is slick, with smoth and awesome moves, and the gameplay is fast.  

Reminds me of the DMC games.  

I understand why all the love for this game, though i won't get it now. I will eventually though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.