Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlestations: Pacific

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released May 12, 2009

Battlestations Pacific is the sequel to Battlestations Midway, set during World War II

No one plays this game online.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mikevanpwn

I rented Battlestations Pacific from Gamefly, I didn't expect it to have a huge online base, but man looking on the browser there is maybe 15 or so people found?  Then again both times I've checked its been past midnight Pacific Time.  Its a real shame that almost half of the game's achievement points are based on the multiplayer aspect that no one will play.  I know thats an old complaint, but how long will it take before companies realize that making multiplayer achievements, especially in games with no hype leading up to its release, is a bad idea?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

...Your problem is that you can't get the achievements, as opposed to enjoying a game you got? This is a strange world Microsoft has created...

Stunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stunt

I don't think achievements or trophies should be created that require you to play online with somebody. One day somebody's going to get a game three years or so after it releases and is going to expect to get all the achievements, but little do they know, the game's achievements are based on the game's online mode, leaving them suffering because there are 0 gamers playing online.

='[ Tragic story.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikevanpwn
    Al3xand3r said:
    ...Your problem is that you can't get the achievements, as opposed to enjoying a game you got? This is a ... [more]
    You're just jealous. :P

I didn't say I wasn't enjoying the game, it just peeves me that a developer would put so many points behind the multiplayer aspect when its almost completely unused.  And thats pretty sad being that the games been out for a week and its peak amount of users playing this game are only a couple handfuls.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud
    Al3xand3r said:
    ...Your problem is that you can't get the achievements, as opposed to enjoying a game you got? This is a ... [more]
    Agreed.  I just don't understand it.  YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING FOR GAMERSCORE!  I feel like people think you do or something.  Once and if Microsoft creates some kind of rewards system (which they really should do) then I'll perhaps understand but until then it's the most insane thing to me.
    mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikevanpwn
    Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    Al3xand3r said: ...Your problem is that you can't get the achievements, as opposed to enjoying a game you got? This ... [more]
    It adds an interesting dynamic to the game.  I dont play games for the achievement points, but what achievement points do is add some replayability to a game.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By subject2change

No a game being GOOD is what makes it replayable...something average shouldn't be replayed for hours to unlock everything that you don't care about but makes your score higher.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikevanpwn
    Subject2Change said:
    No a game being GOOD is what makes it replayable...something average shouldn't be replayed for hours to unlock everything that ... [more]
    Not exactly, a game can be great, but have no replay value what-so-ever. And I didn't say that Achievements were the end all, but they do add to the game experience.  I don't see why this needs an argument, a lot of people like achievement points.
    SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SilenceUK

are u playing ranked or social because ive never had a problem getting as ranked game....also get some friends :P

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

I hate it when developers tie achievements to MP ANY TIME, let alone when they have a half assed MP mode that barely works.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By pause422

Probably because the game is trash.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.