Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham

Franchise »

Rocksteady Studios and WB Montreal's superhero series that focuses on a more dark and serious Batman.

Which game in the trilogy is the most disturbing

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Poll Which game in the trilogy is the most disturbing (27 votes)

Arkham Asylum 19%
    Arkham City 0%
    Arkham Knight 81%

Arkham Knight. 3 words Barbara Gordon's Suicide

• 
    CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Arkham Knight. 2 words Pc version

But in all seriousness, there is a lot of messed up stuff in knight. And the what seems like a transition from Batman to Joker.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Well in terms of gore and straight up graphic scenes, I'd say Arkham Knight since you basically start the game by fucking burning the Joker's corpse. Then there's the dreadful Professor Pyg side quest with him making mindless, genderless dolls out of human beings....for fucks sake, the very idea of that it just plain unsettling.

To me, the most disturbing is still Asylum. I don't know, but I guess the idea of running around in a mental hospital with crazy monsters on the lose is far more intimidating than the military/serial killer tone they were going for in the latter games. Honestly though, every Arkham game a good portion of horror elements within them.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So are we basically excluding Arkham Origins from this whole series? I don't think that's fair, I've been playing it and I'm not finding it any less entertaining than City.

Nothing in particular actually stands out to me at the moment. When playing Origins, Black Mask - right before revealing that he's actually the Joker - pistol whips a guy several times while yelling "why don't you just play along!?". I just wasn't expecting that, though quite frankly, the way Batman breaks bodies throughout all four of these games still makes me grimace a little. He's not killing them, he's just incapacitating them! On a cold winter night! Where they might not be able to get medical treatment or find a heat source anytime soon...

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So are we basically excluding Arkham Origins from this whole series? I don't think that's fair, I've been playing it and I'm not finding it any less entertaining than City.

Origins is better than Knight and on par with City

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

This isn't about quality, this is about which is the most disturbing. Honestly, I think Origins has nothing on the other Arkham games in terms of incorporating disturbing horror elements.

I'm not saying it's bad, in fact it's a great game, but in terms of how disturbing it is, Origins just can't compare for me personally as I haven't really found anything that unsettling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.