Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 1: It's About Time

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 22, 2010

Telltale Games brings an all new adventure to the Back to the Future universe, which takes place six months after the end of the last film.

A late entry for GotY maybe?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

The first episode maybe but by time the whole series is out it'll be well into 2011. 

What's everyone else think? 
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By yoctoyotta

Looks like a great game, but it would be an underdog for sure. Not my choice among the other amazing games this year, but to each their own right?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Jackel2072

il let you know when it finishes installing =)

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho

No. Adventure games are fun to watch and a chore to play. I have to remind myself on a yearly basis with I download an adventure game and open the first obtuse puzzle  "oh right, adventure games..."

DrChipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DrChipotle
    @ryanwho said:
    " No. Adventure games are fun to watch and a chore to play. I have to remind myself on a yearly basis with I download an adventure game and open the first obtuse puzzle  "oh right, adventure games..." "
    They're a blast to play, if it's a style you like. It won't be any of the Giantbomb guys' GOTY pick, but it's a perfectly valid choice.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @ryanwho said:
    " No. Adventure games are fun to watch and a chore to play. I have to remind myself on a yearly basis with I download an adventure game and open the first obtuse puzzle  "oh right, adventure games..." "
    I dislike adventure games that use completely bizarre puzzles you would never figure out unless you're spending hours trying every single item on everything.  Luckily, Telltale games tend to avoid that.  They can get difficult but have a logic behind them, so that if you know what you're trying to do, you should be able to figure them out.  The first episode of Back to the Future was far too easy, if anything. 

I wouldn't count it as GoTY because we've only got the first episode.  But Sam & Max season 3 is definitely one of the best games of the year, in my opinion.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By audiosnag

GOTY no I don't think so....but that being said I loved the crap out of this game. I haven't been a big adventure gamer in a while but from the first piano notes of the title screen I got a big stupid grin and it stayed there till I beat it.
    I now have a strong desire for a Back to the Future movie marathon.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Jedted
    @DrChipotle said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    They're a blast to play, if it's a style you like. It won't be any of the Giantbomb guys' GOTY pick, but it's a perfectly valid choice. "

It'd be cool if they atleast gave it an honorable mention under Best Downloadable game.  With how much they've talked about it in the past i'd be surprised if they just ignored it during their GotY diliberations. 
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By EuanDewar

I really like this first Episode but this is a first episode. At this point giving a GOTY award to what is essentiaally a small chunk of a full game would be weird. If the entire season had been released by the end of the year (and was up to that same quality)    I could see you having more of a point.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Romination  Online

I don't think it can count since the full thing isn't even out yet. 

And look... it's great an all, but Game of the Year? Nostalgia and the AWESOMENESS of Back to the Future are big pulls, but it's not going to out-awesome RDR or ME2

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho
    @WinterSnowblind said:

" @ryanwho said:

I dislike adventure games that use completely bizarre puzzles you would never figure out unless you're spending hours trying every single item on everything.  Luckily, Telltale games tend to avoid that.  They can get difficult but have a logic behind them, so that if you know what you're trying to do, you should be able to figure them out.  The first episode of Back to the Future was far too easy, if anything.  I wouldn't count it as GoTY because we've only got the first episode.  But Sam & Max season 3 is definitely one of the best games of the year, in my opinion. "
    I just find for Tales(which I'm playing now), and Machinarium (which I beat), I'd really rather just watch the 1 hour clip you get when you take out the puzzles. Which is a credit to the world and characters, but honestly I need something else to move the story forward other than the ages old alchemy you've seen in adventure games for decades. Gameplay implementation is going to be convoluted no matter what, so could it also be fun?  

Post script- I think Stacking is on to something.
    Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Malakhii
    @Romination said:
    " I don't think it can count since the full thing isn't even out yet. "  
     Word to big bird, Have to wait for the full game season before I can pass judgement. The first ep is pretty damn awesome though. 
     I fucking love telltale, and that they're keeping the seasonal thing for games going.  
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#13  Edited By donutfever

I'd put it on my top ten if the whole season was out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

As stated on the Bombcast, they are not considering it for anything since the entirety of Back to the Future is being released over the course of 2011.  In turn, it would be considered as a 2011 game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.