Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

What exactly is the Renaissance novel?

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Renaissance-Oliver-Bowden/dp/0141046309

From what I can tell it's basically just the Italy storyline of AC2. Does anyone know if it deals with the contemporary stuff as well? I'm interested in deepening my AC lore but not as interested if this is just the story of Ezio taking down old italian men one at a time..

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mrfizzy

iv never really been able to figure out exactly what it is. Tho if you want to deepen your Assassin's Creed knowlage, check out the comics. All i know about them is that they're set in Russia so fair certain they'll be outside the game plots. 

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By babblinmule

I read it early last year (for some reason it came out alot earlier in Europe than it did in the USA), and its basically a more in-depth story of Ezio in AC2. 

No Desmond unfortunatley.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RainVillain
    @babblinmule does the ending of the book talk about
    SPOILERS
    The five Ezios, and Minerva's speech aimed at Desmond?
    END SPOILERS

Also, that The Fall comic book seems awesome. Will see if I Can find it, thanks
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By babblinmule
    @bigmuffpi:  Actually that was one of the bits that I found a bit weird. They seem to be so focused on keeping the book about Ezio, that they completely ignore the line 'the rest is up to you, Desmond' at the end. The rest of the ending of the book is completely in line with what you experienced as Ezio though.

SPOILERS
    They also do expand alot on the Christina stuff (the brohood flashbacks are actually all described in the renaissance book).
    RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RainVillain
    @babblinmule: Christina? Is she only in Brotherhood? (haven't played that game yet). Don't remember anyone being called Christina in AC2..
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By babblinmule
    @bigmuffpi:  She's in AC2 for about 30 seconds near the beginning, but then is never mentioned again (im guessing due to time restraints and story flow). But she's probably one of the major characters in Renaissance.

Its quite a well written book though so I hope that i havent put you off it haha.
    RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RainVillain
    @babblinmule

Naw mate I'm definitely intrigued! I think it's available through the Kindle app on my iPad so will check it out tonight. Thanks for the info.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.