Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

AI: The Somnium Files

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 17, 2019

An adventure game set in a futuristic Tokyo about a detective trying to solve a series of murders where all of the victims are discovered with their left eye missing.

From the 999/VLR/ZTD director, getting good reviews.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Currently sitting at 81 on Metacritic if that is anything to put stock in, this is the new game from the Director/ writer of the Nonary games trilogy - which is evident from the gameplay and style of it. Multiple routes, investigations, choices and murder. I really wasn't anticipating this at all so it's a very nice surprise.

Out on Switch, PS4 and Steam this week. Got good reviews from the Nintendo-specific sites too so seems to run well on Switch.

Would love to see a QL of this, I know Vinny is a big fan of the previous trilogy.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

I am really excited to play this. I was a big fan of 999 and VLR but didn't like Zero Time Dilemma very much. ZTD felt like it didn't have the budget/development time to pull off its cut-scene heavy structure and its story/puzzle design suffered from a lot of issues. However, AI seems to have learned a lot from ZTD's mistakes and looks to have been given a much healthier budget.

Unfortunately only the digital version is launching tomorrow, with the physical version releasing next week, so I might not be playing the game the moment it is available.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.