Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

2064: Read Only Memories

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 13, 2014

Read Only Memories is a cyberpunk adventure game focused on the dark side of technology in the year 2064.

Why did no one talk about this game?

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

It seems really cool and even had a quick look but seriously, no forum posts about it at all? What if I told you it had a Deadly Premonition reference?

No Caption Provided

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#2 riostarwind  Moderator

Oh right I forgot about this game after the quick look. The obvious Snatcher influences had me interested in picking it up. Now that I know it has a DP reference it is one notch higher on my list of games to check out.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a really great game! Engaging story, fantastic music, and style for days! And, like, every negative review on Steam is just whinging about it being SJW propaganda, so it must be doing something right.

iggypoptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By iggypoptart

This game is rad. It was my 5th favorite game from last year. Turing was low key best new character of the 2015.

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By petethepanda

I think it's mostly that it's just a genre that doesn't get a whole lot of attention in general. But yeah, more people need to check it out, great game.

It's the only game I've played exclusively with the Steam Controller so far, works perfectly with trackball style input.

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really like this game, but I also kinda have the feeling of "I wish I liked this more". I haven't finished it yet, even though I love adventure games and cyberpunk stuff. I'll have to hop back in when I have some time.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what Yummy said. It had a little fanfare, but got buried very quickly.

That said, it was a fantastic game that ended up on my GOTY list.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Only Memories is awesome. A little expansion is coming out tomorrow (Jan 22nd) that adds some cool stuff to the main game as well!

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Viqor

I had hoped to like it more than I did, but I never really connected with the story or world and there were only a couple of characters that I liked. It didn't help that I ran into a few game ending glitches in the later chapters and couldn't finish the game as a result. The visual aesthetic and music were really good, though and the writing overall was solid, so while I didn't love it, I think it's a pretty great foundation to build a better game on. Looking forward to what MidBoss does next.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I had a great experience with the game, reviewed it, and gave it 5 stars.

It ended up as #6 on my GOTY list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.