Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jan 14, 1987

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link is the second entry in the ground-breaking Zelda franchise. This controversial follow-up ditches the original's top-down perspective for 2D side-scrolling exploration and combat. The 2D towns, dungeons and combat arenas are tied together by a top-down overworld.

I Thought this was Zelda I

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By insouciant

This was the first Zelda game I played as a kid.  I always thought I was playing the first Legend of Zelda.  I found out my error many years later when I was playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl and  I unlocked a very short demo of The Legend of Zelda.  Damn, that game's even harder than the second one!
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Wow.. how long was that gap of time from when you played Zelda II and realized your mistake?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Black_Rose

Did you ever notice the big "II" in the title? 

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Well it's acceptable i guess, because i thought as a kid that Super Mario World was the first one so don't feel stupid.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By insouciant

The gap between me playing the game and realizing my mistake was 19 years.  I guess I did notice the big "II" on the cartridge, but later forgot about it and thought I had played the first Zelda.
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Tiwi
    @insouciant said:
    " The gap between me playing the game and realizing my mistake was 19 years.  I guess I did notice the big "II" on the cartridge, but later forgot about it and thought I had played the first Zelda. "
    who reads the cartridge? it's a common mistake, even publishers do it, think of final fantasy 4.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

As a child I didn't realize that Final Fantasy VII was the seventh final fantasy game. It was the first one I had played or heard of - and it seemed totally crazy that any game could have 7 sequels, so I just thought that it was a weird & bizarre name the developers had come up with.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By beargirl1

i thought Megaman X4 was the first Megaman X game because it was the first one on Playstation :(

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@insouciant said:
    " This was the first Zelda game I played as a kid.  I always thought I was playing the first Legend of Zelda.  I found out my error many years later when I was playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl and  I unlocked a very short demo of The Legend of Zelda.  Damn, that game's even harder than the second one! "
    @MattyFTM said:
    " As a child I didn't realize that Final Fantasy VIII was the seventh final fantasy game. It was the first one I had played or heard of - and it seemed totally crazy that any game could have 7 sequels, so I just thought that it was a weird & bizarre name the developers had come up with. "

@AjayRaz said:
    " i thought Megaman X4 was the first Megaman X game because it was the first one on Playstation :( "

Every single one of you is insane. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.