Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

This game needs help

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Sunjammer

The performance is, as we know, not good. But it's the gameplay bugs that really screw it up for me. What is even going on with that lancer at 0:30 and on. Why is he getting a "free turn" and awesome cool teleport move after being set on fire? Why does he get his melee in before my sniper gets the reaction shot?

I'd hacked that sectopod he fires on. The next turn I got, kid you not, four fuggin' action points with that thing. Just that turn though. Other turns it behaves like it should.

So broken.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i like this glitch very much

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I think I saw in the comments on some other site that was talking about XCOM 2 that there are some weeeeeird bugs that happen when certain units get set on fire.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh, wow, at least it looks cool when he dashes like that while on fire, never seem it happen myself.

I hate those fucking lancers with or without glitches anyway.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lancers are total bastards. They're not only really damn dangerous and hard to deal with early game, but they are by far the glitchiest units I've come across, hitting me through walls, and now this kind of stuff. It's nuts.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Honestly, sometimes the game feels like it's barely holding together :|

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mirado

@sunjammer: I believe he panicked when you set him on fire, which led him to shoot the sectopod with his panic actions. I have no idea why he teleported, but I guess the game didn't actually count that as a move within your sniper's FoV, at least until after he swung.

XCOM's pretty busted. I wish they'd pour more resources into hammering some of this out.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I hate to be so negative about it, but I have zero faith Firaxis will ever get this thing sorted out. The way they handled EU and EW was pretty awful, and this looks to be going in the same direction.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

Man, that particular bug has never happened to me, but I've had a lot of similar weird stuff happen. There is all kinds of jank associated with animations, overwatch, and different status effects and attacks.

I had to use the restartlevel command earlier in my Ironman playthrough. This was the second time this particular bug happened to me - a Viper grabbed my Ranger and yanked him clear across to the other side of a building. Bladestorm activated, but then my Ranger just hung there mid-air and I couldn't switch to another character or end the turn or anything. I highly recommend allowing the developer console just in case something weird or game breaking happens. (restartlevel without any parameters will just restart the same seed in case you're worried about it being "cheating" in a case like this.)

Random thought, but it would be cool if Bladestorm just cut the Vipers' tongues off and stopped the Ranger from getting grabbed at all.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@doctordonkey said:

I hate to be so negative about it, but I have zero faith Firaxis will ever get this thing sorted out. The way they handled EU and EW was pretty awful, and this looks to be going in the same direction.

One day they'll fix that Berserker frame rate drop/complete stop in EU/EW. One day...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@mike: I had a similar soft lock situation: I shot at a codex, then I moved into aim mode with another character; while I was in aim mode, the codex teleported. I went out of aim mode to see where the codex went, but I couldn't find it. I went back into aim mode and there was a new target; the actual enemy wasn't visible inside the reticule, but that's not too uncommon, so I shrugged it off. When I shot at what I had presumed to be the teleported codex, I just got stuck in aim mode; the only thing I could do was alt-F4 and then reload my last save. I assume that by being in aim mode I prevented the original codex target from being removed, causing the game to get stuck in a loop trying to do damage to a target that was no longer there.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado: I have never seen any ADVENT panic, and he was never flagged with the panic effect. To me it looks like the game simply didn't register his entire first turn as having happened, and then just, uh, did another one.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13  Edited By Cav829

@sunjammer: I have seen ADVENT soldiers panic from psi effects. So it's entirely possible that's what happened there. Even running off to attack another alien is something that happens when an enemy panics. Obviously the whole turn was kind of bugged. Maybe the game read "burning" as "panic" for some reason? Maybe burning can cause panic?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@cav829: @mirado: I think you guys are wrong. I have experienced this bug myself and it only happens to the Lancer specifically. Burns apply when the turn of whichever side it is affecting starts. So if your soldier is burned, they take damage when your turn starts. If the enemy is burned, they take damage when their turn starts. This Lancer (and the one in my game when it bugged out) took burning damage mid-turn. Which should be impossible. And it only happens to the Lancer specifically.

Also, they only panick from abilities. Not from burns. And the textlog shows no sign that he was panicking either.

As for the Sectopod, that's not actually a bug. Sectopods have 3 actions of which 2 can be spend on abilities and some of its abilities cost no actions at all like changing stance. So you should be able to move, shoot, then change stance and shoot again or something like that.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

@zevvion: It's kind of hard to tell because everything happening there is kind of bugged. I know what you're saying is how burning is supposed to work. I wasn't sure about if burning could cause panic because I had never seen it outside psi effects, but I wasn't 100% sure. I'm just saying in-game what happened there looks like what happens when a soldier panics. I don't know why the game interpreted it that way, but anything else happening there seems even more convoluted.

Of course there are multiple glitches going on there, so who knows. You'd have to be able to run a debugger there and see what code was being run to know for sure. I don't think there is any other way an enemy troop can turn against their allies short of mind control and then actively controlling them.

subracore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.twitch.tv/sa_jadestar/v/42499989

Here's another example of this happening with a stun lancer that has burning applied.

They fixed the bug where Chryssalids cocoons corrupted your save fairly quickly so hopefully they'll catch this one soon. Ironman is always a trap at release before they fix the bugs.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All melee seems sorta bugged to me all together, I haven't encountered anything crazy like this but I've definitely hit and been hit through walls, floors etc.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well it seems like Firaxis is on the case

XCOM 2 [official site]’s technical problems are “the first thing we talk about about when we come in in the morning”, claims lead designer Jake Solomon. “We take it incredibly seriously. Me and all the leads, that’s what we work on all day and that’s what we’re committed to right now.”

“I can’t say dates, but I would say that we’re working very furiously. We already have a lot of those issues in our sights.”

Addressing the issue of whether the sometimes long pauses after certain events and animatinos in the game are down to bugs or a design decision, Solomon agreed that “some, particularly the Sectoid reanimate animation, take too damn long, I totally agree. And in fact we’re going to change that. I am personally looking into that stuff right now, any gameplay pauses. Camera pauses after kills and stuff like that, I am evaluating all those things to make sure that’s not egregious.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/02/19/xcom-2-framerate/

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

To be fair, the stun troopers are all bullshit, this could have been just another part of their moveset.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.