Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

Broken on XBOX One?

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I just bought this Tuesday, since it is on sale and I loved the last one, but it appears that it is completely broken. In fact, the game won't even make it past the logo for the game before freezing up. I have done some research, and it appears that the most recent patch may be the culprit. Short of resetting the console completely in offline mode (a step I'm not willing to take yet), I have not seen any good solutions on how to fix this. I did contact 2K, and they told me to make sure I had the latest patch and cleared my cache. I let them know that it had no effect and have not heard back from them.

Long story short, I have three questions. First, is anyone else having this issue? Second, is there some reliable way to fix it, or am I stuck waiting for a new patch to make the game playable? And third, how shitty is it that Microsoft put a game on sale that apparently isn't working? How does that get through cert?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

A friend of a friend is having this issue.

I was going to link you the 2k forums fix, but it's exactly the one you don't want lol. Sorry duder.

And uh, yeah, it's hilariously shitty. Hopefully they rectify it soon!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

My game works fine but I'm playing from disk. Apparently the crash 'bug' or whatever caused by the latest patch affects the digital version of XCOM 2. You are not alone, check the game feed, many people have angrily commented about this issue. MS and 2K know, it should get sorted soon. I hope soon cuz I'm about to finish the vanilla campaign and would love to play that sweet WotC DLC. It's also borked due to the last patch. Hang in there, the game's worth it...very impressed with it and like it quite a bit more than XCOM EU.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the info, guys. It isn't a huge rush, as I've got a ginormous backlog of other games to play, but the Exquisite Corps was making me feel that itch for more XCOM.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.