Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Oh man, when does the XB1X actually launch?

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've preordered and prepaid for my Project Scorpio edition through Amazon and for all I've read says this thing comes out on Nov. 7, 2017... HOWEVER... if you preorder through Microsoft/Xbox.com apparently it ships on Nov. 30, 2017.

No Caption Provided

It's driving me crazy to wait until the 7th, I certainly will go nuts to wait until the 30th.

Is it that the Scorpion Edition ships on the 7th and the non-Scorpio edition will ship on the 30th?

Does anyone know the firm release date?

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't have a ship date on my amazon preorder and I got it the moment it was listed. They probably didn't make enough to meet demand.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@cheetoman: That seems unlikely, as Best Buy has reopened One X preorders 4 times since the initial scorpio edition and then One X waves. It is very possibly Amazon thought their shipment was going to be larger than it was and cant fulfill their initial orders, though.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By notnert427

My Scorpio Edition pre-order through Target still shows it shipping out Nov. 7th.

This may well be that the launch allotment is spoken for and people ordering it now two weeks before launch won't get it until the 30th. I'd be really surprised/disappointed if the early pre-orders don't ship on the 7th, barring some fuckup on the retailer-specific end.

Sargon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cheetoman: I think there will be enough to fulfill Amazon's preorders on launch day. If I remember correctly, they even opened up a second batch of preorders a few weeks after the first, so that tells me they expected to have more than enough inventory. Sometimes it takes them awhile to update their delivery dates and I wouldn't worry yet.

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
    lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

If you have pre-ordered a Scorpio edition you should get it on the 7th.

Like notnert said, that ad will be for people pre-ordering a regular Xbox One X now. There may not be enough stock for people pre-ordering today to receive it on the 7th, but you should get it by the 30th...

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By RetroMetal

Amazon FINALLY sent me an update... YAY!

Your Amazon.com order (#)Order-update@amazon.com

Reply|Today, 9:23 PMYou

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition 1TB Console"

Estimated arrival date: November 07, 2017

Please visit Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount?xxxxxxxxx) for the most up-to-date delivery information about this order. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account at no additional cost.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By myniceicelife

So I also got an email from Amazon about the pre-order I have for the Scorpion Edition and it said it will arrive on the 9th and that's with a distribution facility less than 2 hours from where I live. Guess your mileage will vary.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

My Target order shipped out yesterday. Looks like it will make it to me on release day, if not earlier. Getting excited....

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
    deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just paid off my Gamestop pre-order earlier, they told me they're doing an early release tomorrow night at 9pm, which I am going to for sure. I have read that Amazon are getting some of their shipments late for some reason, I think the same thing happened with some Switch pre orders on Amazon as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.