Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Heads up for those who bought the Sunset Overdrive bundle

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I just got a message on Xbox Live from MS thanking me for buying the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle, and "just for fun" I'm getting a free copy of Ryse: Son of Rome. I know it's not the most desirable game out there but free game is free.

Just thought I'd let you duders know. I have no idea if all the people who bought the bundle are getting it or not, or if they're doing this for the other bundles as well.

pencilbastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I plan to get that bundle, so hopefully it is for everyone who picks it up. As you said, Ryse not the best game, but free is free. Thanks for the update!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ryse is a really good visual showcase of what the Xbone can do, even if the actual game part is underwhelming.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Huh! I don't suppose you have any idea if that's a time limited thing, or if that'll still be a thing in a couple weeks? I've been looking to get one, and knowing I'd get another game (even if it is Ryse) would make it a tad easier to justify getting.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@mooseymcman: Sorry, I have no idea! I hope they just give it to anyone who buys an Xbox One within the next few weeks or something. I can't imagine Ryse is flying off store shelves so it'd be cool move, even if the game isn't great.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: Well, I'm going to bank on it being the case and probably get one soon-ish.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@mooseymcman: "Update According to a user at Cheap Ass Gamer, the codes will continue to be distributed through November 3rd and are for US residents only. Players below 17 years of age will apparently receive Max: The Curse of Brotherhood instead of Ryse."

http://www.windowscentral.com/sunset-overdrive-console-free-ryse

That to me doesn't sounds like Ryse would be offered for weeks on end after Sunset's release. I just wanted to let you know is all. I've had Ryse for a while now. I haven't finished it yet, but I'd like to at some point and finish out some of those achievements.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I plan to get that bundle, so hopefully it is for everyone who picks it up. As you said, Ryse not the best game, but free is free. Thanks for the update!

Can you even get it anymore? It is sold out everywhere online :/

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bought the bundle, didn't get that message. It's worth nothing I'm in Canada though.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ryse is actually not that bad of a game and a little challenging when you play on the highest difficulty.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By kindgineer

Ryse is a lot more fun than people give it credit for, so that's pretty cool. I centertainly enjoyed what I played of it.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just got the SO bundle, I wish I would get Ryse too, but I guess not since I'm in the EU.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

If you bought the bundle after November 1st, unfortunately there will be no Ryse :(

I tried!

But, hey, I still have a new Xbox One! (that I won't be able to play until the semester is over!)

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I got the bundle. Too late for the Ryse freebie, I guess.

Frankly, since I don't give a damn about having a white console, I'm kinda regretting not turning right around and selling it unopened. Seems to be going for like $450 on eBay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.