Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Do the back compat games have regional differences?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So after watching the b/c vid the guys just did, I fired up by Xbox One (original, not the S or X) and went to buy Dead to Rights. It doesn't seem to be on the UK store, either in the "Original Xbox!" segment or by searching.

I can't find anything online about region locked b/c games, but have you guys come across anything of the sort?

Cheers!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I'm not entirely sure. I hope this isn't the case.

I know that on PlayStation with their PS2 remasters this is in fact the case. Some games coming to the UK months after their initial US release. That's probably due to US and UK PSN stores and accounts being different though.

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Yeah even if you search the UK Microsoft store it doesn't show up - so annoying as it was one of my favourites on the list!

adamkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By adamkerr

@shalashaskauk666: Aye I've definitely had issues with this stuff too. Games which don't appear in the console store are Dead to Rights, Bloodrayne 2 and King of Fighters Neowave.

Not only that, but I'm still unable to buy some games that do show up in the store: when I attempt to buy Psychonauts I click See Price and I'm told "Sorry. This offer is not valid in your region."

On the store page for Prince of Persia: SoT it says "Buy on Xbox.com or Xbox 360. You can't buy this on Xbox One."

The UK xbox.com store website doesn't list Prince of Persia, Star Wars: KOTOR, or Red Faction II. (!?)

It's totally all over the place, different issues and outcomes for different games, and like you say, can't seem to find any official info about any of this from Microsoft. Pretty shitty state of affairs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

@adamkerr: Yeah I saw one of the games on the UK online store with a message to the effect of "Hey you can only get this game through the store on the console!" so I just assumed that was the case as I currently don't have access to my XB1. Reading your comment though is somewhat troublesome as there were a few games I was looking forward to picking up around the Christmas holiday time.

adamkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By adamkerr

@ohagan: Aye, hopefully they'll get it sorted out for then. Looks like the majority of the games are available to buy, but it makes me wary to part with cash whilst they're sending such mixed messages between the shopfronts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.