Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '13

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

WWE '13, using the tagline "Live the Revolution," is the fifteenth annual WWE game from THQ and Yuke's.

New info on Universe Mode

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

First things first. Paul Heyman wrote 200+ new universe storylines, plus helped with the attitude era mode.

"Gamers will now not only be able to control what types of stories can play a role in their simulation - turning off injuries or narratives that break up tag teams - but program their shows for any day of the week, or delete shows entirely. Each recurring show can have its own superstar roster, belts, arenas, match-up screens and more adjusted. There’s less emphasis on conforming to what the WWE does now, and more thought towards allowing gamers to do anything they would want. But if a player’s modifications eventually get a bit cumbersome or confusing, Universe Mode now has the option of being completely reset."

They've also added detailed statistics to universe mode, tracking of title holders, and historical statistics and such.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/08/wwe-13-a-wrestling-legend-finds-his-universe?abthid=5072f887f98ad67f20000166

Now another thing about the online, they've added a "fair fight" option which makes everybodies stats the same in the online match.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

@CL60: Holy shit. The "fair fight" thing instantly has me excited to possibly play this online. Dumb kids with their OVR 99 goth CAWS kicking your ass was the worst part of online. I don't think I've had a worse online experience than WWE games. But the more I hear the more excited I am about possibly just universe mode. I've wanted Big Bossman in a WWE game for awhile now. Very tempted.... to get this.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Daryl

Lol oh dear I see CL60 is still brainwashed by this franchise (obvious joke!), I hope you enjoy it :). The Heyman storylines is a nice gimmick to throw in there but I doubt it'll amount to much in the long-run and it'll be the same, old, tired game that gets old in a month tops.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daryl

Yawn, smoke and mirrors to cover up the fact when it comes to the gameplay, you're wrestling with the same, boring and repetitive mechanics.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By wmoyer83

@Daryl:

That's subjective.

Multiplayer is very fun and playing on Legend mode can be intense.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Daryl: thats why i dont buy these games every year.the last one i picked up i think was 09 or maybe 10. ill get wwe 13 and then skip the rest till probly wwe 16 or wwe 17.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Daryl

@WMoyer83: *slow clap*

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The hype cycle has hit its peak. Can't wait until people start bitching about the game next week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.