Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '12

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 22, 2011

WWE '12 is the latest edition in WWE's long-running wrestling game franchise previously known as "SmackDown" and "SmackDown vs. RAW".

WWE '12 and SvR 2011 graphics comparison.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

At first glance the two games may look the same, but when you actually compare them.. 

Much better textures, and much better lighting in WWE '12.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

If there's one thing Yukes are good at, it's putting a coat of paint on top of the unchanged gameplay and animations. You can tell me that this is the year all you want, but after like a decade, I can't say I believe it.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By awesomeusername

Yeah, better textures and lighting, but wrestling games still look like poop to me.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BulletproofMonk

These games are a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm excited for this.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Red12b

still looks like trash

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By kingzetta

is it still using that horse butt tech?

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MrMazz

still can't do hair right.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60
    @kingzetta said:
    Yeah, and it looks better this time. It's in the video.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By kingzetta
    @CL60 said:
    @kingzetta said:
    Yeah, and it looks better this time. It's in the video.
    I can't wait till they show off create a belt
    Ligerzero_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ligerzero_007

People, quit talking shit about the game already. Here's a simple solution to your problems with the game, don't buy it if you don't like it. There are plenty of other great games coming out this year besides WWE'12. If you have that big of a problem with the way the game is being made, I want to see any one of you get into the THQ or Yukes offices and take over making the games then. If your not willing the step up though, stfu already. I can guarantee you now that those of you who are talking shit about the game are gonna be the first ones in line to buy it or pick up your pre-order of it in November. I will be first to admit I have pre-ordered it and I'm damn excited to get it, but I am getting tired of people are talking shit about it. If you have that much of a problem with it, cancel your pre-orders and put your money toward another game, but shut up already with the negativity towards the game. DAMN!
    z0mbi3jesuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By z0mbi3jesuz

@Ligerzero_007 said:

People, quit talking shit about the game already. Here's a simple solution to your problems with the game, don't buy it if you don't like it. There are plenty of other great games coming out this year besides WWE'12. If you have that big of a problem with the way the game is being made, I want to see any one of you get into the THQ or Yukes offices and take over making the games then. If your not willing the step up though, stfu already. I can guarantee you now that those of you who are talking shit about the game are gonna be the first ones in line to buy it or pick up your pre-order of it in November. I will be first to admit I have pre-ordered it and I'm damn excited to get it, but I am getting tired of people are talking shit about it. If you have that much of a problem with it, cancel your pre-orders and put your money toward another game, but shut up already with the negativity towards the game. DAMN!

Like THQ or Yukes would actually let wrestling video game fans enter their office and go wild with good ideas. If that was the case, every SVR game would have been awesome. If you email them an idea or something that could be a great addition to the game, it either gets an auto reply or deleted. I don't know if anyone else is, but I'm on the official boards, tossing ideas and opinions out there.

I will not buy this game new though. I'll buy it used because I don't support the idea behind online pass. If online is anything like SVR 07 (the last SVR game I played before they fucked up the controls), I won't be missing too much except the shared user content. But even then all I have to do is be the first to rent this game from my local Blockbuster because they don't take out the online pass codes.

thunderPIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By thunderPIN

@Ligerzero_007: It doesn't matter what THQ and Yukes do to this game, people are still going to complain because they have nothing better to do. I'll admit, Smackdown vs. RAW was getting stale. I didn't even play 2011. I for one am very excited for this game. I respect what they have done with this game so far and I think this is a step in the right direction for the WWE series. I am going to invest a lot of time in creating arenas and playing the hell out of Universe 2.0 mode. After watching a lot of videos on this game, I see improvements in the gameplay. Animation seems more smoother and the TV style camera angles give it a different feel. It seems to be more fast paced too.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Red12b said:

still looks like trash
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By beargirl1

i love these games, but i see little to no difference in this entrance. i like how they have the minitron at the top, but that's the only interesting change i've seen. you could probably put the HHH entrances from 09 to '12 and it wouldn't make much of a difference to me. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.